P11RE 5T0RM

Razoir is off-line
27 September 2013 03:17
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

£2,500 for a cherished plate. Or more or a bit less.

Change you name by deed-poll, about ten quid!

Simples. Change your car, change your name to suit.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
28 September 2013 04:57
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I don't see what all the fuss is about.
I've got the original 3 letter 3 number plate on my car and have been asked twice "how much I paid for my private plate"
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
28 September 2013 10:46
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

'Doctoring' number plates like this is completely illegal of course and I have seen a few people prosecuted for it. Which seems a bit absurd when you think that a.) the point of a numberplate is to ensure easy recognition and b.)The government flogs numbers that can clearly be reinterpreted at a premium!

Not everyone does it purely for vanity though. Many coach companies do this so clients are not judging them on the age of their coaches but on their quality.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Stu-Art UK is off-line
28 September 2013 12:14
stu_art
Photographer
stu_art
Dorset

Saw one the other day in a car park.....

Not sure would rush to buy it....

P 2 WEE

:-)
"Capture what you see, see what you captured"

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
29 September 2013 15:48
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from SandyCamel
Does it all really matter though ???

It probably matters to the car's owner.

I've had a couple of professional models on this site turn up for shoots in cars with registrations beginning M155 followed by their initials, and in both cases it seemed highly appropriate.

Bob

Neil Anderson is off-line
29 September 2013 19:42
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

On a practical level:
People don't normally want to remember number plates because of your excellent driving.... it therefore seems rather foolish to have a memorable number plate - as it will only be remembered by people who have something to complain about (or report to the authorities)
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Tony Stephenson is off-line
30 September 2013 03:44
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Is fitting a private plate so much different to someone who names their house ' Bluebell End' or the likes, instead of using 131 Whatever Road like most other people do?

At one time, unlike many other European countries. the UK seemed preoccupied ( and to some extent still does ) with regard to new car ownership, when owners in certain circles were judged how successful they were by the age of the vehicle they drove, so it was a logical step for some owners to use a private plate to disguise the age of a vehicle. It's common practice today in private coach fleets etc to use them.

I would say  that right now in the UK, given the state of the economy, a 'good or unique' private plate represents a much better longer term financial investment than many conventional investments as there will always be a strong market for distinctive number plates as fewer of these number plates become available and some people will always pay a premium to own them.

www.le-femme.co.uk

w4pictures is off-line
30 September 2013 19:15
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Quote from tonycsm
Is fitting a private plate so much different to someone who names their house ' Bluebell End' or the likes, instead of using 131 Whatever Road like most other people do?

Spot on. Anyone who names their house "Bell End" of whatever colour is sending exactly the same signals as a personal number plate. Without the cost, of course.

24 October 2013 04:44
johnlp
Photographer

Many years ago I saw a Proton with a reg. beginning UUD. I was in hysterics. My passengers were confused.

24 October 2013 05:26
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from johnlp
Many years ago I saw a Proton with a reg. beginning UUD. I was in hysterics. My passengers were confused.

I'm with your passengers on this one. Maybe you'd like to explain why this plate reduced you to hysterics.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
android_man antonart Antz dby47 flair_photography Pval Steveh32