Reminder Secure

P11RE 5T0RM

Jonathan is off-line
26 September 2013 11:20
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

We have all seen it, car number plate Characters 'doctored' so they spell a name, or initials etc.

A number '6' altered to look like a letter 'S' by clever placement of a screw.

Use of Italics or a few extra spaces between characters so we all know the driver is called 'Dick'.

Does it all really matter though ???

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
26 September 2013 11:44
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Have you forgotten your meds again?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Spike is off-line
26 September 2013 12:16
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

A few years back was debating buying a s/h car, as an incentive the guy selling told me he would include his personalised number plate for no additional cost, he seemed puzzled at first when I said it made no difference, then the the penny dropped, I had a different name to him.
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

Jonathan is off-line
26 September 2013 12:21
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Quote from RedChecker
Have you forgotten your meds again?

I was going to say something quick witted with no possible come-back comment (lol) , instead I want to say

WOW !   I love your main Purestorm Portfolio photo !        #yep

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

26 September 2013 12:26
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from SandyCamel
We have all seen it, car number plate Characters 'doctored' so they spell a name, or initials etc.

A number '6' altered to look like a letter 'S' by clever placement of a screw.

Use of Italics or a few extra spaces between characters so we all know the driver is called 'Dick'.

Does it all really matter though ???

I think this would be an apt number plate for your car: PEN 15

Tony Stephenson is off-line
26 September 2013 12:32
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

My old Z3 came with a private plate which I suppose takes the year off it - but it would have to be a very cheap plate before I would buy one for one of my other cars and I'm not going to get anything really impressive for a few quid!

www.le-femme.co.uk

26 September 2013 14:04
cardiff_tog2005
Photographer

I saw one a while back K155 MOF. I was tempted but being a very anti social driver I prefer a number plate thats harder to remember !

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
26 September 2013 14:40
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from PaulManuell
I think this would be an apt number plate for your car: PEN 15

That one actually exists.  I saw it on a red Merc C-Class about 16 years ago.  The plate actually suited the owner as the car was one of those awful boy racer conversions with large spoiler, blackened windows, wheel arch boxes, big alloy wheels etc. It looked like a heap of RedChecker is a naughty person .
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

26 September 2013 14:54
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker
That one actually exists.  I saw it on a red Merc C-Class about 16 years ago.  The plate actually suited the owner as the car was one of those awful boy racer conversions with large spoiler, blackened windows, wheel arch boxes, big alloy wheels etc. It looked like a heap of PaulManuell is a naughty person .

That's a shame, that plate would've really suited Sandy Camel's car. Ok, how about TO55 ER instead?

Einstein is off-line
26 September 2013 17:07
Einstein
Photographer

West Midlands

PEN15 is quite well known. It belongs to one time bike racer and now commentator Steve Parrish.

From his Q&A

What is the story behind the registration number on your car?

I’ve got two registration plates, PEN15 and 60CK. For dirty minded people, these appear to say something… They were originally purchased when I was married to stop my wife driving my cars.

I've seen a woman driving a very expensive car with the reg NONIX!
Hung like Einstein, brain like a horse!

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Krystald maria_dyl Rosamund toxicinnocence
Anthonyk freddie GerryS2 kaosrox liteangle lukaszmarcinkowski Matthieulefevre MauricesImagery mike0048 photomart picusio rscott360 steveh32