Reminder Secure

"Slut"

Steve Guy is off-line
23 September 2013 07:16
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

For the avoidance of doubt, Godwin's law merely states tha a certain issue's appearace is inevitable if an internet discussion continues for long enough, and not that the mention of the issue is automatically a failure.

As for the Daily Mail cliche, that really is an extension of my suggestion about ranting. Because someone will disagree with some or any of the opinions expressed in the Daily Mail then much as they apply immediate vitriolic hatred to any political organisation they disagree with, they will assert that anything printed in the Daily Mail, from the date on the front, to the page numbers, and the likes of football results is nothing but lies. Thus 'thinks' the left.

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
24 September 2013 09:59
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

I think the problem begins the instant a person categorises someone as "left-" or "right-wing" as a preliminary (sometimes the only preliminary) to agreeing or disagreeing with them.

This seems to occur incredibly often, with "left" and "right" characterisations occurring about equally as often.

Most people can find at least some of my opinions abhorrent as I have some opinions that are conventionally regarded as right-wing and some left.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
24 September 2013 11:13
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from jivago
Poor ploy - Nothing I wrote could have led you to the question you asked. (As for restricting freedom of speech - The Conservatives stand accused of that this very year sad  ).

If the headline had been more informed, balanced and less sensational - Then there may have been a point. In my expereince that is far too much to expect from the 'Swivel-Eyed's' tabloid? The audience it was aimed at is obvious and the inferences it suggests are quite possibly racist?

How is the weather in 'Dixie'? 'Chowed' your 'grits' yet? 

You so brighten my day with your rantings Jivago, funny guy.

How hard can it be?

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
24 September 2013 11:21
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from stolenfaces
Even if it were mostly true, and some of what he actually said certainly isn't literally true, what does it have to do with the problems in this country? The shoplifting gangs are not immigrants, they are tourists. Are police catching them ? What's the problem? How does it effect you in Portsmouth or the people who don't live in London. What proportion of Foreign tourists are criminals ? What proportion of Romanians who come to this country are in fact engaged in crime ? Is he saying that all Romanians are criminals ? What's his point? You are supposed to think that all Foreigners are criminals and if only we were't in the EC British criminals wouldn't have this 'unfair?' competition. On the other hand you might think that local criminals are more efficient and don't appear in his arrest figures. Many English tourists in (for example) Spain are rowdy, unpleasant and drunkenly violent. I think you will find that the number of English people arrested for violent disorder in some Spanish towns would represent well over 90% of such arrests. Do you think that Spain should refuse entry to all English people? His comment about more people immigrating to this country in 2010 than in the previous 1000 years either shows he is stupid, or he thinks his audience are stupid enough to believe it.

In answer to your first paragraph, I'm perfectly capable of forming my own opinions of how foreign "tourist crime" affects me in Portsmouth. 

Second paragraph. The way the Spanish government or police force deal with rowdy tourists is their own affair and nothing to do with me. Personally I am ashamed of my countrymen when ever I see first hand or on the news, about Englishmen/women behaving like twats abroad. I have no sympathy for drunken idiots being dealt with harshly in the country they choose to behave that way in, but I doubt those countries would be too harsh for fear of losing the trade these louts provide to their economies.

How hard can it be?

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs estefy86 Kaylie Lusciousabi29 Missbrook Winterlilly
amvma anthonyh antoinewynn Aquarian Creativedge digitalphotos jackw Kjoservices Ladiesman lenspoynter liteangle mlp myview rod_m99 scottmcccxiv stevegosh steven1
matt