Neil Anderson is off-line
22 September 2013 09:07
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from pompeytog
So you would rather ignore, or even better, ban the media from reporting anything that relates to foreigners who commit crime whilst a guest in this country? 

(just checked in the mirror and not seeing any swivel eyed loon looking back at me)

Even if it were mostly true, and some of what he actually said certainly isn't literally true, what does it have to do with the problems in this country? The shoplifting gangs are not immigrants, they are tourists. Are police catching them ? What's the problem? How does it effect you in Portsmouth or the people who don't live in London.
What proportion of Foreign tourists are criminals ? What proportion of Romanians who come to this country are in fact engaged in crime ? Is he saying that all Romanians are criminals ? What's his point? You are supposed to think that all Foreigners are criminals and if only we were't in the EC British criminals wouldn't have this 'unfair?' competition. On the other hand you might think that local criminals are more efficient and don't appear in his arrest figures.

Many English tourists in (for example) Spain are rowdy, unpleasant and drunkenly violent. I think you will find that the number of English people arrested for violent disorder in some Spanish towns would represent well over 90% of such arrests. Do you think that Spain should refuse entry to all English people?

His comment about more people immigrating to this country in 2010 than in the previous 1000 years either shows he is stupid, or he thinks his audience are stupid enough to believe it.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
22 September 2013 13:11
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from stolenfaces
 His comment about more people immigrating to this country in 2010 than in the previous 1000 years either shows he is stupid, or he thinks his audience are stupid enough to believe it.

Most of the political commentators from left, right and centre , incidentally the Guardian ripped off the Channel 4 blog almost word for word on this, think he meant that immigration in 2010 was higher than any single year previously. not cumulatively. I agree however that like the Romanian comment the delivery left a lot to be desired.

It was broken when I got here

Steve Guy is off-line
22 September 2013 14:49
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

There seems to be a constant within political debate, demonstrated quite adequately in this thread. It's appearance in any political debate is almost inevitable, and becomes inevitable when the subject debated is any political organisation that might be regarded as 'right wing'. It is that the critics of the 'right wing' organisations will state their case in the form of abuse and insults, often declining to provide any evidence to support any opinions offered, if indeed they stoop so low as to offer any coherent opinions.

Tony Stephenson is off-line
22 September 2013 15:38
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from Sdeve
There seems to be a constant within political debate, demonstrated quite adequately in this thread. It's appearance in any political debate is almost inevitable, and becomes inevitable when the subject debated is any political organisation that might be regarded as 'right wing'. It is that the critics of the 'right wing' organisations will state their case in the form of abuse and insults, often declining to provide any evidence to support any opinions offered, if indeed they stoop so low as to offer any coherent opinions.

How very true!

Even if one doesn't agree with the other party's political views, if one has to resort to personal insults in an attempt to win an argument rather than through rational debate then they don't have an argument! Simple!

www.le-femme.co.uk

jivago Photographic is off-line
22 September 2013 16:01
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from Sdeve

Perhaps it is apposte to remind you of the fact:-  The phrase "Swivel eyed loons"  was in fact made by the Conservative Party - About thier very own members. sad 

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Steve Guy is off-line
22 September 2013 16:33
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from jivago
Perhaps it is apposte to remind you of the fact:-  The phrase "Swivel eyed loons"  was in fact made by the Conservative Party - About thier very own members.  

Much as those of African heritage who may use the unsayable 'N' word whith impunity when talking about their own.

Politicians of all colours are often less than complimentary about both their supporters and their opponents, but will occassionaly thrown in some facts. But every liberal leftist I have ever heard will descend, in minutes, seconds even, to the language of vitriolic hate for anyone they perceive to be 'right wing'. Such people. when discussing, for instance, the BNP, will damn them to hell as neo nazi racists. But ask them what the policies of the BNP are and they will mostly reply that they have never read them, amd would not do so. They just 'know, they're evil personified, and that is sufficient, although how they found out is anyone's guess. For the record, I think they are a minority party for tossers. But I've at least read their policies in order to form that opinion.

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
22 September 2013 17:29
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from Sdeve
 But every liberal leftist I have ever heard will descend, in minutes, seconds even, to the language of vitriolic hate for anyone they perceive to be 'right wing'. .

Which is why until fairly recently the subject of immigration was taboo in the MSM in the U.K.

It was broken when I got here

CPPhoto is off-line
23 September 2013 06:17
CPPhoto
Photographer
CPPhoto
West Midlands
West Bromwich/Birmingham

Quote from stolenfaces
Even if he genuinely believes these lies, it doesn't make it true, or an acceptable opinion.

Aren't all 'opinions' valid - just because one might not agree with them, doesn't make them any less valid?

Tony Stephenson is off-line
23 September 2013 07:14
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

I'm just waiting for Godwin's Law to come into play which it invariably does whenever politics and immigration issues are combined!

Having  said that, give it time!
www.le-femme.co.uk

Peter Hague is off-line
23 September 2013 07:25
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from tonycsm
I'm just waiting for Godwin's Law to come into play which it invariably does whenever politics and immigration issues are combined!

Having  said that, give it time!

Has the 'Daily Mail' cliché been thrown in yet?
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

41 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abbie_walters Batch bex_24 Jessicaliu1993 kinkykaycee Krystald md2017 missminiskirt Teela
android_man angelicmodels antoinewynn chriscooze cliffc colinpierce Daddylonglense daveyboy12 diphoto Don_Dark donaldmac Forest glamorphotos Hioctane James7799 jeffers JohnDentonPhoto Jse_photography LGI malcie mattybox mghphoto mrdl Platidonio rscott360 sinimiphotography siwalters steevrosewood stevegosh steveh32 Thunder_Photos viewphotographic