Tony Stephenson is off-line
21 September 2013 16:32
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from stolenfaces
I had a few minutes waiting for friends in a pub. If you are lazy and gullible enough to think what he said was literally true there's no point in expecting you to understand - that's the sort of ignorance that passes for democracy in this country. You don't need any great intelligence to work out the terms of a google search which can enlighten you (although the basic logic in what he actually said is fairly obviously flawed) Ps: feel free to offer a single credible source (ie not ukip or bnp or tabloid press) source which supports his figures.

Here you are... I reckon Farage got his info from here.... I know it's from the tabloid press but the data was obtained under the freedom of information act so personally I'd think it's reasonable to accept the data as accurate!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9896121/Up-to-one-in-three-Romanians-arrested-figures-show.html
www.le-femme.co.uk

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
21 September 2013 18:17
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from stolenfaces
Are you saying his gross exaggeration of immigration numbers and Rumanian shop-lifters is churned out with anything other than to appeal to racists who are dim enough to believe the rubbish he spouts ? .

I didn't say anything, I wasn't offering an opinion on numbers of immigrants or nationalities of people committing crimes. I asked a question in response to your inference that an MEP was suspended from UKIP to cover up for the leaders racist speech. And I thank you for doing that.
It was broken when I got here

EdT is off-line
22 September 2013 05:06
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Wow, I'm shocked!!! I never realised the word "slut" had such unpleasant overtones.

Still it clears up one thing for me. I've spend the last day wondering why he referred to some women as some sort of rag dipped in lard and burned to provide light.

jivago Photographic is off-line
22 September 2013 06:28
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from tonycsm
Here you are... I reckon Farage got his info from here.... I know it's from the tabloid press but the data was obtained under the freedom of information act so personally I'd think it's reasonable to accept the data as accurate!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9896121/Up-to-one-in-three-Romanians-arrested-figures-show.html

The ToryGraph Headline is:-
"Up to one in three Romanians arrested, figures show"

Meaningless! - But still very mean indeed!

This type of insinuation will be seen for the 'closet racism' that it thinly disguises - And It will be seen that way - Except by 'Swivel Eyed Loons'

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
22 September 2013 07:34
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from jivago

This type of insinuation will be seen for the 'closet racism' that it thinly disguises - And It will be seen that way - Except by 'Swivel Eyed Loons'

So you would rather ignore, or even better, ban the media from reporting anything that relates to foreigners who commit crime whilst a guest in this country? 

(just checked in the mirror and not seeing any swivel eyed loon looking back at me)
How hard can it be?

Ratana Rose is off-line
22 September 2013 07:46
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

Quote from ATVLONDON
When I was about 10 I first heard the word c*nt. I was convinced it was a small animal like a stoat / ferret etc. I started using this word widely at everybody until one night after my Mum had called me to have a bath I told her not to be a c*nt. She dragged me off the street in front of my freinds and gave me a right hiding, then my Dad found out and I was in even more trouble.

I was 16-ish and because the word was never badly associated (because I didnt know it unlike sh*t and f*ck which I was taught from a very young age where terrible words children cant use) to me its not even a bad word

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
22 September 2013 08:17
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from jivago

UK = One in three men under 30 years of age have criminal records

jivago Photographic is off-line
22 September 2013 08:35
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from pompeytog
So you would rather ignore, or even better, ban the media from reporting anything that relates to foreigners who commit crime whilst a guest in this country? 

(just checked in the mirror and not seeing any swivel eyed loon looking back at me)

Poor ploy - Nothing I wrote could have led you to the question you asked. (As for restricting freedom of speech - The Conservatives stand accused of that this very year sad  ).

If the headline had been more informed, balanced and less sensational - Then there may have been a point. In my expereince that is far too much to expect from the 'Swivel-Eyed's' tabloid? The audience it was aimed at is obvious and the inferences it suggests are quite possibly racist?

How is the weather in 'Dixie'? 'Chowed' your 'grits' yet? 
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Neil Anderson is off-line
22 September 2013 08:55
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from DorsetHammer
I didn't say anything, I wasn't offering an opinion on numbers of immigrants or nationalities of people committing crimes. I asked a question in response to your inference that an MEP was suspended from UKIP to cover up for the leaders racist speech. And I thank you for doing that.

Maybe you should have actually read what I said originally then, because that wasn't what I said, in fact the opposite (He was sacked because he took attention away from the racist speech).
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Tony Stephenson is off-line
22 September 2013 09:05
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from jivago

Largely I agree with you for once - well at least with regard to racism and volatile headlines like ' Up to one in three Romanians  arrested ' - while the figures may be accurate, what they  don't  show is whether or not these 'Romanians' were actually found guilty of the crimes for which they were arrested! 
The only way that sort of headline could claim to have any validity is if it could be proven that Romanians living in this country actually commit a disproportionate amount of crime per head of the population as a whole, given their ethnicity. Unless they are proven to be correct, then I agree that the figures are meaningless.

However, one has to ask the question, does this country really need more imported immigrant crime ? For several decades, this country's lax immigration laws have allowed all and sundry to enter the country without proper background checks or controls, unlike other English speaking countries such as Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, so why has Britain failed to do so and more to the point, how can it be stopped?

The mainstream political parties have certainly failed badly when it comes to controlling immigration and it's only now that these same politicians are beginning to sit up and take notice.

While I am not happy to see any form of racism as the basis of politics, there needs to be a voice for the ordinary people to voice their concerns over immigration, EU membership etc and UKIP could possibly be that party, providing of course, it's not founded on racism. Far better to have a party like UKIP  than extremist groups such as the NF or EDL who up to now have been the only groups to speak out for British interests.

Personally I see nothing wrong with putting those who already live in Britain first which seems to be the ethos of UKIP - that should have been done a very long time ago and given the growing popularity of UKIP, it seems that many ordinary people are beginning to think that way too and I believe it's fair to say that most are not racists.

In any case it will be interesting to see just how well UKIP do at the next election though they are unlikely to have any success if their policies are only founded around nationalism - their economic policies are what people really want to see and whether they offer a viable alternative to the mainstream parties.

www.le-femme.co.uk

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kimmikitsch louise22 Natalieb_18 Paige_hendrix samanthajane4 speed84
antoinewynn Blancho crupilad diphoto Discocat djb1 ellessephotography fannmore Ianmcculloch jamesdee Kjoservices Ladiesman laveravista MarcXJR MauricesImagery MIB penfold10 philcarpenter61 photon pictureimage pml_photo psn sniffer vivt