"Slut"

Steve Guy is off-line
20 September 2013 17:30
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from stolenfaces

It was never inoffensive - the more modern usage is merely an extension of how it was used previously.
The housewife who didn't keep her clean was regarded as breaking her marrige vows as much as if she flirted with other men.

He was sacked be cause he distracted attention from the leaders racist speech.

Would you care to specify what part of Nigel Farage's speech was racist? That's pretty serious mud to throw these days.

KHV is off-line
20 September 2013 17:43
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

I would slap her/his bottom and ask them to call me Stanley.

Chrissie Red is off-line
20 September 2013 17:50
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from johnlp
There in lays the problem.  It used to be used as a pretty inoffensive term to mean you don't keep your home/work place clean, and could be aimed at both men and women.  Often it was said by a person to describe themselves.  With the demise of that meaning, the use of the word today now seems horrendous.

Dunno I think if somebody came into my house and made any comment about how I clean/don't clean I would find it pretty offensive no matter what word they used.

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
21 September 2013 06:44
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from stolenfaces
It was never inoffensive - the more modern usage is merely an extension of how it was used previously. The housewife who didn't keep her clean was regarded as breaking her marrige vows as much as if she flirted with other men. He was sacked be cause he distracted attention from the leaders racist speech.

Love to know which part of the speech you consider to be racist.
It was broken when I got here

21 September 2013 09:15
ATVLONDON
Photographer

When I was about 10 I first heard the word c*nt. I was convinced it was a small animal like a stoat / ferret etc. I started using this word widely at everybody until one night after my Mum had called me to have a bath I told her not to be a c*nt. She dragged me off the street in front of my freinds and gave me a right hiding, then my Dad found out and I was in even more trouble.
My doctor told me I've only got 6 months to live. Then I told him I couldn't pay him... so he gave me another 6 months.

Neil Anderson is off-line
21 September 2013 13:24
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from DorsetHammer
Love to know which part of the speech you consider to be racist.

Are you saying his gross exaggeration of immigration numbers and Rumanian shop-lifters is churned out with anything other than to appeal to racists who are dim enough to believe the rubbish he spouts ?
In this age of the Internet, it seems that making up 'facts' (or in pre-1984 speak 'lies') are somehow acceptable because they are someone's opinion.
Even if he genuinely believes these lies, it doesn't make it true, or an acceptable opinion.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Steve Guy is off-line
21 September 2013 13:44
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from stolenfaces

Are you saying his gross exaggeration of immigration numbers and Rumanian shop-lifters is churned out with anything other than to appeal to racists who are dim enough to believe the rubbish he spouts ?
In this age of the Internet, it seems that making up 'facts' (or in pre-1984 speak 'lies') are somehow acceptable because they are someone's opinion.
Even if he genuinely believes these lies, it doesn't make it true, or an acceptable opinion.

Wow! That's a relief. Of course, given your claim that he has grossly exaggerated the figures he 'quoted' you will have reference to the true figues, which I would be happy to see.

More interestingly, your suggestion that even if he believes his figures to be true his opinions, based upoon them, and unacceptable. So, if he believes that "There have been an astounding 27,500 arrests in the Metropolitan Police area in the last five years. 92 per cent of ATM crime is committed by Romanians." that this should go unremarked? Possibly because it mentions race, and that anyone mentioning race must be a racist?

It took you a while to respond. Did you have to go and read the speech first, to try and find grunds for your denunciation? Of did you just throw the allegation of racism on the basis he is a member of UKIP, and that is sufficient proof of him being a racist? Until you produce responsibly sourced statistice to 'corret' Farage's statement I, and anyone with sense, can only assume that you are making false claims.

Neil Anderson is off-line
21 September 2013 14:48
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Sdeve

Wow! That's a relief. Of course, given your claim that he has grossly exaggerated the figures he 'quoted' you will have reference to the true figues, which I would be happy to see.

More interestingly, your suggestion that even if he believes his figures to be true his opinions, based upoon them, and unacceptable. So, if he believes that "There have been an astounding 27,500 arrests in the Metropolitan Police area in the last five years. 92 per cent of ATM crime is committed by Romanians." that this should go unremarked? Possibly because it mentions race, and that anyone mentioning race must be a racist?

It took you a while to respond. Did you have to go and read the speech first, to try and find grunds for your denunciation? Of did you just throw the allegation of racism on the basis he is a member of UKIP, and that is sufficient proof of him being a racist? Until you produce responsibly sourced statistice to 'corret' Farage's statement I, and anyone with sense, can only assume that you are making false claims.

I had a few minutes waiting for friends in a pub.
If you are lazy and gullible enough to think what he said was literally true there's no point in expecting you to understand - that's the sort of ignorance that passes for democracy in this country.
You don't need any great intelligence to work out the terms of a google search which can enlighten you (although the basic logic in what he actually said is fairly obviously flawed)

Ps: feel free to offer a single credible source (ie not ukip or bnp or tabloid press) source which supports his figures.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Steve Guy is off-line
21 September 2013 15:15
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from stolenfaces

I had a few minutes waiting for friends in a pub.
If you are lazy and gullible enough to think what he said was literally true there's no point in expecting you to understand - that's the sort of ignorance that passes for democracy in this country.
You don't need any great intelligence to work out the terms of a google search which can enlighten you (although the basic logic in what he actually said is fairly obviously flawed)

Ps: feel free to offer a single credible source (ie not ukip or bnp or tabloid press) source which supports his figures.

OK, I understand you now. Let's get a few things straight. For you, it's a matter of faith. He's UKIP therefore he's racist. You can fling your accusations of racism with impunity, and bridle at any suggestion you might back up you assertions. Trial by denunciation, the leftist liberal way. It used to be sufficient to point at an old woman and scream 'witch' to see her burned. Now, it's anyone who disagrees with your unfounded rantings.

Fact, you condemn the speech as racist without evidence.
Fact. You decline to offer any supporting evidfence for your damnation of the speech, in spite of your assertion that Google can find it easily, yet you fail to bother yourself.
Fact. Your 'racist' assertion is based upon nothing more than a belief in your own bigotry.
Fact. Anyone who queries your denunciation is lazy gullible and ignorant.

And you offer opinions on dcemocracy? You don't understand the meaning of the word.

It's you who challenged the nature of the speech, and you did so with nothing more than sneers. No evidence, no facts, no supporting evidence, no will to prove it was wrong. Instead you expect me to prove the speech correct in detail when all I have done is query your statements.

People like you would make Stalin proud.

Steve Guy is off-line
21 September 2013 15:18
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

To add to my post, given the antipathy the press has for UKIP, they would be on his speech like dogs on rats if they could prove him wrong. I will await the thunderings of the press, not to mention the opposition (better placed to check his figures) with interest. I doubt they'll be forthcoming.

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 alishaa chosin Jessica_Knight Michelledefeo1
bigearspix dave@studio99 digitizer eosfan gazzer59 gordon Ianmcculloch j3ff jonnywoo kingnorman13nk kinofist lester2705 Look_Sharp markeos50d martinchristie Mattcairns MIB Mike103 moritz78 nvidia phphotoimages picusio RCBB rscott360 stephenmuddell Steveh32 supaglam TinDolls Willjamieson xposed