Chaz is off-line
23 September 2013 05:05
ChazPhotos
Photographer
ChazPhotos
Devon
Cullompton

Well that brought in a mix of reply's.

Not sure why some thought it was an inane question, when you're taking photos for free and giving them away to someone who, might have reason for them apart from just a portfolio..

If a model sold the photos, and you found out, after doing a Time For, what would you do?
After all the copyright is yours, not the models.

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
23 September 2013 05:21
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

You are getting into a different area now though as this is copyright infringement.
I think that a TF shoot is a verbal contract that you both agree to give each others time up for photos that you both can use.
Unless the photographer also gives away their right of ownership then the model should not be able to sell the images on, but could use them to promote themselves.
When money exchanges hands (between anyone including a third party) then its getting into a different ball park.

ken george is off-line
25 September 2013 06:49
kgp
Photographer
kgp
Clwyd
N.Wales & Merseyside

Quote from gedimage
If two people are not known to each other then safer to have a contract as you both have a reason for agreeing to shoot in the first place i dont do any image unless i can show it off myself . The model is going to want it good enough to show so she has a use so theirfore contract required its not if the model or photographer gets paid but the use. You both wanted credited so to me any shoot should have paperwork without exception also after checking idea its another form of age

Every time

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
miles
bigearspix cygnet kesi