"Alternative" modelling

ImperfectRose is off-lineSilver Member
17 September 2013 13:46
SoftGentle
Model
SoftGentle
Greater Manchester
Leigh

No i wasnt saying thhey were bimbos? They just look more glamour type and that. i agree big woman n guitars in graveyards look silly and like they tried to hard. i am not a insulting person and sorry it came across that way. Im not the best at wording / describing things. lol. big head tiiny brain.. lol x

Ratana Rose is off-line
17 September 2013 15:44
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

Quote from SoftGentle
big head tiiny brain.. lol x

damn it now I have the tinga tinga tails theme tune stuck in my head

Chrissie Red is off-line
17 September 2013 15:47
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from SoftGentle
.. Alternative minded models are usually nicer people

Urm, some of the biggest knobs I've come across while modelling have been those who label themselves as "alternative" 
Honestly thats like saying fat photographers are all nicer than slim photographers or fat photographers push themselves more creatively than thin ones. Everybody is different, some are nice some aren't so nice but I wouldn't say one of the "known" traits for being an alternative model is being more open to ideas or being a nicer person thats just rubbish!

Gerry is off-line
17 September 2013 16:00
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Urm, some of the biggest knobs I've come across while modelling have been those who label themselves as "alternative" 
Honestly thats like saying fat photographers are all nicer than slim photographers or fat photographers push themselves more creatively than thin ones. Everybody is different, some are nice some aren't so nice but I wouldn't say one of the "known" traits for being an alternative model is being more open to ideas or being a nicer person thats just rubbish!

+1
People that "subscribe" to a particular ideological / fashion trait tend to be fixed into those behaviours and see everything as others do in that group. Those that also fit in that same group will naturally feel an affinity to each other. They may view people from other groups and free thinkers as different and maybe less friendly.

That is a comfort thing rather than based on any reality.

The more "set in their ways" the group is, the more others view them as a pain in the ass or someone to be avoided or ridiculed

If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Anthonygh is off-line
17 September 2013 16:01
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from Chrissie_Red

Maybe.....in my limited experience alt models do give rise to different photogaphic opportunities......after all...if you aren't covered in tattoos then that is one area of difference...I know one goth model that spent all her disposable income on really exceptional garments.....it was her 'thing'...not many straight models turn up with hand made leather corsets that cost a couple of hundred pounds...and that sort of quality shows in bucket loads....

ImperfectRose is off-lineSilver Member
19 September 2013 01:47
SoftGentle
Model
SoftGentle
Greater Manchester
Leigh

Hmm okay :-) well im not a sheep but.consider myself alt. since birth.
and ayeee tinga tinga tingaaa... the tails of africa...do do do...(u no when uve got kids..haha)

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Livespirit pinklilly Winterlilly
AaronKent ambitious_freelance flair_photography guitarman iestyn john_at_tina_spice MauricesImagery mlp otteypm panda49 Reynard Rhadamanthus