Reminder Secure

"Alternative" modelling

15 September 2013 09:44
johnlp
Photographer

I see lots of models put on their profiles that they do this, but what does it mean to you?

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
15 September 2013 09:59
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from johnlp
what does it mean to you?

I read it as meaning they offer an alternative to the tall / slim / beautiful / unmodified people that most of society would describe as being model material.
Bob

Peter Hague is online
15 September 2013 10:55
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from johnlp
but what does it mean to you?

They've got tattoos.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Bonnie Vincent is off-line
15 September 2013 12:39
Bonnie_Vincent
Model

South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Tattoo's, piercings, radical hair, dark clothing (gothic/punk/emo fashion)

KHV is off-line
15 September 2013 16:08
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

They are not commercial material; may you read into that what you wish.

Gerry is off-line
15 September 2013 16:16
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

At its best:

Normally though its some random girl who has tattoos, piercings or an unusual hairstyle and doesn't strike you as someone suited to art nude, glamour, fashion or beauty

If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

15 September 2013 16:45
Socialdisaster
Photographer

they think they are different, but generally they aren't.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Anthonygh is off-line
16 September 2013 19:22
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Just put 'one' as my main image.....alt models can often make for interesting shoots and they are (in my experience) interesting and pleasant company...but often with a traumatic past.

A couple of years back I photographed an alt model that would have been drop dead gorgeous...had it not been for the tattoos, piercings, and self inflicted scars...but despite that...still a pleasure to photograph and chat to and sad as well....

ImperfectRose is off-lineSilver Member
17 September 2013 07:40
SoftGentle
Model
SoftGentle
Greater Manchester
Leigh

Alternative is a state of mind nothing to do with how you dress what music u listen to or how many tattoos you do or don't have... Alternative minded models are usually nicer people and up for anything abit out of the ordinary yes we do tend to shave our hair have dreadlocks or piercings it's who we are not something u can just decide to do. That's like a bleach blonde haired fake boobed glamour model with a vagina piercing saying oh I'd love to do a alt shoot but what do I need to dress like? Lol no what I'm trying to say.

Ratana Rose is off-line
17 September 2013 12:06
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

Quote from SoftGentle
That's like a bleach blonde haired fake boobed glamour model with a vagina piercing saying oh I'd love to do a alt shoot but what do I need to dress like? Lol no what I'm trying to say.

are you saying that:

bleach blonde people
fake boobed people (of which most ive met are alt)
and
glamor models...

... are stupid bimbos?

because as falling into 2 out of 3 of them thats quite offensive and im very much alt in my mind set and life thank you

too be fair most of the worst alt shots ive seen are of 'alt' people (usually a size 20 goth girl in a grave yard with fishnets, fairie wings and black lipstick posing with a guitar she clearly cant play) and yet ive seen many that fit you above description that are amazing alt models

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Claretberet danixhale ElleLaura Emmaheron Genevil hazel_rose LucasJacques missloulou
ad360photo antoinewynn Auctioneer digitizer frank4 GSC4X guitarman Ladiesman mghphoto MIB peterh rscott360 Snooper911 Steveh32 xposed