Artemis Fauna is off-lineSilver Member
25 September 2013 05:58
ArtemisFauna
Model
ArtemisFauna
Bedfordshire
Great Barford

Quote from Lisaliz
I'd just focus on the worthwhile ones and quietly ignore the rest. That's what I do with photographers and that's why I always have a smile on my face and a healthy ticker.

+1.

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Harvey Gordon is off-line
25 September 2013 07:53
ziggypot
Photographer
ziggypot
London

Quote from desyek
Constructive comments: Yes, real models exist. And the really good ones have typically earned the right to charge. Some do, some don't. As for 'improving portfolios' - that depends on if they deem your work to be better than they have already. It's all a bit subjective, the latter part anyways

+1

EdT is off-line
26 September 2013 14:45
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from ArtemisFauna
+1.

Yes, they do exist, and one of the best seems to be back in the fold

Artemis Fauna is off-lineSilver Member
26 September 2013 18:16
ArtemisFauna
Model
ArtemisFauna
Bedfordshire
Great Barford

Quote from EdT
Yes, they do exist, and one of the best seems to be back in the fold

That's very kind of you!

Almost two years! It's nice to be back
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Katie Soze is off-line
27 September 2013 05:09
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

Quote from joroda777
~ who are real, not bored brats with a mobile phone,
~ who check their emails and respond to them - even if it is just to say thanks, but no thanks.
~ who request rates that are on a par with their experience level. Beginner does not equate to £ 90 an hour for glamour shoot!!
~ who actually communicate in english not text speak,
~ who want to really improve their portfolios and not just their bank balance.

I could go on but  I do not think that my blood pressure can go any higher. So constructive comments please.

Do any photographers exist who;
- aren't bored middle aged men with a lensbaby
- don't respond to emails without making sexual innuendos
- pay models fairly for getting their tits out for the photographers personal pleasure
- genuinely like photography and want to improve their portfolio, not just hang out with young naked chicks
- aren't IT managers with a middle aged spread and no hair

If you can find some please let me know.

CGW is off-line
27 September 2013 10:35
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from katiesoze

- pay models fairly for getting their tits out for the photographers personal pleasure
- genuinely like photography and want to improve their portfolio, not just hang out with young naked chicks

Damn, got me with that last point,
although to be fair I haven't had any hair long before the spread set in

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
27 September 2013 20:43
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

Quote from katiesoze
Do any photographers exist who; - aren't bored middle aged men with a lensbaby - don't respond to emails without making sexual innuendos - pay models fairly for getting their tits out for the photographers personal pleasure - genuinely like photography and want to improve their portfolio, not just hang out with young naked chicks - aren't IT managers with a middle aged spread and no hair If you can find some please let me know.

Hey that's me you are talking about! I am feeling hurt and insulted!

But I am not an IT manager and I have a few hairs left. Otherwise I would be suing you for libel!!!

As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

Paul Jones is off-line
30 September 2013 13:14
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from RattusRock
... just another rant from a photographer with not much to offer that wants everything for free

Not necessarily directed at the OP, but I feel this observation may be one of the reasons we see so many whining, model bashing threads.

Best regards
Paul
www.PaulJones.org

Paul Hodson is off-line
30 September 2013 16:01
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from katiesoze

I am not an IT manager, have hair and don't have midde aged spread - but even as a joke I am not sure it would matter if I did!

And I don't ask models to "get their tits out" - even for my personal pleasure.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bluesapphire dillon1993 Krystald RobynJayne toxicinnocence
63jian Boosh D_H_P djb1 fannmore GlasgowPhotographer IanHighlander James7799 Jamesrichards john_at_tina_spice JohnWindsor jpegster lester2705 liteangle MauricesImagery midnite Musicman muz nemesis OTM_teresa philippahh photomart rembrandt Rhadamanthus rod_m99 rscott360 Scotography Sp_digital streetmodel trampmajor Willy_O