joroda777 is off-line
14 September 2013 11:41
joroda777
Photographer
joroda777
Surrey
Surbiton

~ who are real, not bored brats with a mobile phone,
~ who check their emails and respond to them - even if it is just to say thanks, but no thanks.
~ who request rates that are on a par with their experience level. Beginner does not equate to £ 90 an hour for glamour shoot!!
~ who actually communicate in english not text speak,
~ who want to really improve their portfolios and not just their bank balance.

I could go on but  I do not think that my blood pressure can go any higher. So constructive comments please.

14 September 2013 12:08
Jackass
Photographer

Aren't you being a bit selective? I'm just happy if they answer!
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

desyek is off-line
14 September 2013 12:41
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

Constructive comments:

Yes, real models exist.

And the really good ones have typically earned the right to charge. Some do, some don't.

As for 'improving portfolios' - that depends on if they deem your work to be better than they have already.

It's all a bit subjective, the latter part anyways
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Spike is off-line
14 September 2013 13:01
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

In the world of internet modeling no answer is an answer.

As for picking models with portfolios that need improving, I've generally found the better the portfolio the more professional they behave & their rates are more realistic.

Offering unsolicited TF shoots to models is a waste of time.

I have come to the conclusion unless I have a model knocking down my door to shoot with me when I have the time for the shoot its way more cost effective to pay a good model & get the shoot when I want it, plus I can edit images at my leisure.

An interesting spin off of working this way is I'm getting models I've previously paid for shoots, offering to work with me on TF projects.
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
14 September 2013 13:55
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

You asked for comments about models, so I'll give some.

Quote from joroda777

Yes. ALL of the models I shoot on a regular basis are real and are not "bored brats" as you put it. They do have mobile phones as this happens to be the 21st century.

Quote from joroda777
~ who check their emails and respond to them - even if it is just to say thanks, but no thanks.

I do not expect anyone to respond to unsolicited emails. Most respond, some don't, and it's no big deal.

Quote from joroda777
~ who request rates that are on a par with their experience level. Beginner does not equate to £ 90 an hour for glamour shoot!!

No.

No.

No.

Rates are what are agreed between the parties concerned. It's nobody's business to say what rate "equates" to some set of circumstances or other except me and the model. We either reach a deal or we don't, and this occurs without reference to some pseudo-industry standard.

Quote from joroda777

Some are better communicators than others. We usually manage to make ourselves understood, which is all that matters.

Quote from joroda777

I don't give a flying toss about their portfolio. Or mine for that matter. All that matters is that the model will do the job well, that our work will be enjoyed by the target audience, and that we are both happy with the terms under which it all happens.

Quote from joroda777
I could go on but  I do not think that my blood pressure can go any higher. So constructive comments please.

Stress is harmless in short, occasional doses but definitely not so when it's prolonged. I strongly suggest you do the following:
  1. Take my reply here as a sincere one - and one that is intended to show you how completely different a point of view is possible. It's intended to shock you rather than to ridicule you.
  2. Take a long view. Make a commitment not to let individual upsets make you despondent. Chin up.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

CGW is off-line
14 September 2013 13:56
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from joroda777

Umm, they take one look at your main picture and delete the email ?

Jonathan is off-line
14 September 2013 14:26
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Quote from joroda777

1.  I don't care if they are bored or have attitude if they have the right 'look' then we can work together .

2. It is disappointing if they do not respond but that is their perogative.

3.  If they have the right 'look' then I don't care if they are beginners.

4. Text speak is okay - I am not looking for some-one who can write a degree level English Language essay for me - I am looking for 'the look'.

5. Don't get this one tbh.

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

14 September 2013 14:41
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from joroda777

Have you ever considered that if this is where you get stuck, it's because they don't think you can improve their ports?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Gerry is off-line
14 September 2013 16:32
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Yes they do - I suggest you look at the portfolios of models and photographers to see the work they produce.

If you are not seeing enough, you maybe need to reconsider your terms and port to attract them.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Paul Hodson is off-line
14 September 2013 16:37
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from joroda777

Yes - and are probably mph is a naughty person ed by your post.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abbie_walters Batch chosin Jessicaliu1993 kinkykaycee Krystald Livespirit md2017
antoinewynn chriscooze cliffc Daddylonglense diphoto Don_Dark duncanjames Forest GerryS2 hantsphotographer Hioctane IanHighlander jake_istvan jeffers Kjoservices malcie mamamiya mattybox Mike103 mrdl Nunude Platidonio rscott360 siwalters stevegosh steveh32 swalsh58 Thunder_Photos