Fisherface is off-line
12 September 2013 15:03
Fisherface
Make-up Artist
Fisherface
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Hi,

I've been asked to do some make up for a lady going to an event but she has stated that I have to use her own make up.  She hasn't said it's due to an allery etc.  I often get people who prefer to use their own mascara, and sometimes foundation, but never the full kit!  I'm not really very happy about it as I know the products I use and I don't want it to look like a shoddy job if she doesn't have the right products.  Any thought on this?

Thanks,

jes

Victoria Howard is off-line
09 October 2013 04:31
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

I would start by establishing why she wants to use her own make up - Is it an allergy - then thats simple for you to deal with, just read the MDS sheets. Is she under the impression that your kit wont be clean (the public often dont understand how MUAs use make up differently to stop the spread of germs). Does she think you have cheap products or hers are somehow better? Once you find out what the issue is, then you can build the client relationship from there.

02 September 2014 09:26
NiaomiMaiden
Model

Agree with above. I wouldn't be happy with working with someones own makeup x

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Jessica_Knight JessicaAnnahModel Kitty_1 princesscara toxicinnocence
Argentiq david1500 djb1 eosfan Essexjohn gordon guitarman jccj1 kinofist kizer Kjoservices Ladiesman mike0048 mlp moritz78 orca_photography paddyg panda49 peteb Photojames43 powerbook92 redbaron siclews skymouse stevegosh steveh32 Stevew1 Stewart1988 swalsh58 tms