Hazel Ashton is off-line
12 September 2013 14:04
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Hello all!

Well my boyfriend finally proposed to me 2 weeks ago after being with him for 4 and a half years. 

Now I am not originally from Leeds, so I would like to know of some nice wedding venues in the West Yorkshire Region, I love manor houses and country hotels and that is what I want a a venue but need some ideas.

Ideas so far -

* Weetwood Hall
* Nostell Priory
* Healds Hall 

I am having a visit to all of the above! We did get a quote from the Mansion at Roundhay but it was rather expensive!!

Thanks guys cheeky
Hazel - Contact me for any photoshoots you want to do if your interested

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
12 September 2013 14:14
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Would think Nostell Priory would be rather expensive too, although the gardens would be fantastic for the photo's.

Hazel Ashton is off-line
12 September 2013 14:21
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Quote from paulford
Would think Nostell Priory would be rather expensive too, although the gardens would be fantastic for the photo's.

I had  a look at the email the guy sent its not anywhere near as expensive as Roundhay, think its like £250 for the room the size we need but the food prices are higher than weetwood but going to see it on the 21st and see what its like :-)

Chrissie Red is off-line
12 September 2013 18:12
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Aww congratulations Hazel - if you want anybody to talk "wedding planning" with then feel free to throw me messages.

I've been trying NOT to bore the Chrissie_Red is a naughty person out of everybody with wedding talk so would be nice to have a fellow bride to chatter options to

xx

Hazel Ashton is off-line
13 September 2013 15:03
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Aww congratulations Hazel - if you want anybody to talk "wedding planning" with then feel free to throw me messages. I've been trying NOT to bore the Hazel_Ashton is a naughty person out of everybody with wedding talk so would be nice to have a fellow bride to chatter options to xx

Haha tell me about it! Its not for like 2 years but the planning has started, when is your wedding?

Me, my sister and Mum are off Wedding Dress shopping tomorrow laugh

Samantha Alexandra  is off-line
13 September 2013 15:50
SamanthaAlexandra
Model
SamanthaAlexandra
Derbyshire
Barrow Hill

Hi, Hazel! Congrats on the proposal. I got married in May. We looked at Nostell Priory, The Mansion and Allerton Castle they are all part of the Dine group. The girl from Nostell Priory was lovely, when we went for our meeting. But in the end we went with Allerton Castle. The wedding cost my Mum and Dad the best part of 20K and the service from them was shocking. After our inital meeting it went down hill from there. They even put up scaffolding 2 weeks before our wedding! Over the whole castle it looked awful all the guests comented on it. Nostell Priory seemed much nicer and were about 10K cheaper. I really wish we had gone for that venue. So even though I didnt get married there I can vouch that their customer serice was far better than Allerton Castles and The Mansion.

rc is off-lineSilver Member
13 September 2013 18:16
reserva89
Photographer
reserva89
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Congratulations Hazel!

toast is off-line
13 September 2013 18:17
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

Big congrats Hazel! Unfortunately, I haven't been up to any of those places so I cant comment on them - but I did get married about 2 months ago

Hazel Ashton is off-line
13 September 2013 18:31
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Thanks all!!

Samantha, that is a crazy amount of money, me and Chris are going to be paying our own way and we did look at Allerton Castle prices and saw them and were like ... erm no way to expensive lol! Nostell should be interesting to visit and The Mansions prices are way to much too.

We are looking at Waterton Park Hotel at present, it'll look lovely in snow or sun!

Ice is off-lineSilver Member
14 September 2013 06:09
iparker
Photographer
iparker
North Yorkshire
York

Many Congratulations Hazel.
Devonshire Arms in the Yorkshire Dales would get my recommendation.

44 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 Lusciousabi29 RISelene rob452 Roose speed84 vellocet
android_man antoinewynn boss1968 cliffc copperbronze cygnet david1500 djb1 Don_Dark donaldmac eosfan flawless_photo glamorphotos Impulse_Images JPV just_lez Kjoservices MauricesImagery MIB michaelangelo mlp modelboutique Modtog1976 natkins noggy1930 philsmg Photojames43 redbaron Richard99 rscott360 sirspread stevegosh steveh32 westend_portfolios
Charlottealom