This thread is currently locked
Chrissie Red is off-line
11 September 2013 11:17
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I've recently downgraded and I'm not 100% clear on that the rules are with reguards to paid work.

I understand that you MUST not post up paid castings or try to get around the rules by posting a tf casting up when your only intention from the casting is a paid shoot (and rightly so).

Question is - IF I or any other free member on the site were to post a tf casting and recieve messages from people who would not benefit our portfolio would it be against the rules to offer them our rates ? under those circumstances what does purestorm recommend models do? should they try to communicate with the photographer outwith purestorm to arrange the shoots or do we just ignore the offers if they do not interest us?

In the past I have posted TF castings (whilst I was a paid member) and quite a few of them have the turned into paid bookings, my intention was only ever to secure that tf shoot but if you get 25 messages from people who would like to work with me and only 1 of them are suitable for your project then its always been good business practice to thank them for their interest and tell them its not what you are looking to add to your portfolio at the moment but they are able to book you for X amount to model for them,

Is it ok to give our rates to photographers if they contact us directly asking for them?

What if a photographer sends a message (not after seeing a tf casting) asking for a tf shoot and the model declines but offers her rates... Is this acceptable?

A friend just informed me that after 4 years of her being an active member her account has been suspended because somebody complained that she offered her rates via a PM so I want to be SURE that I don't fall foul of the rules in the future.
Moderator Advisory
Free members who create a TF casting call and then quote rates to those responding
usually receive a Suspension following the first verified complaint and usually
have the offer of Portfolio hosting withdrawn if they do it a second time.
Should a Free member not wish to accept an TF offer in response to a
TF casting call they created they should just politely decline the offer.

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 September 2013 11:21
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I am guessing - which ain't helpful - would depend on a judgment call if the TF casting was genuine or not. The other situations you mention must surely be OK.

Easier for photographers of course. Rates?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Chrissie Red is off-line
11 September 2013 11:26
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from mph
I am guessing - which ain't helpful - would depend on a judgment call if the TF casting was genuine or not. The other situations you mention must surely be OK. Easier for photographers of course. Rates?

It just made me wonder, I've not posted a TF casting on here in years but if somebody contacts me asking for a TF or a paid shoot and he decides I'm asking for too much so complains does that mean my account is liable to be suspended?

When I was a paying member I did post a tf casting and quite a lot of the replies weren't what I was after, I didn't realise that saying "No I'm sorry not for this project but you may book me for any of your ideas" was against the rules or etiquette.. Hrm

Imagery is off-line
11 September 2013 13:31
Imagery
Photographer

North Yorkshire

Slightly being devils advocate....(as I guess you are in posing the question)

If you are a professional model of some length of time, you will already have sufficient contacts for TF or know who to approach for TF directly, no need for a casting..

If this site is not good enough to source quality paid work and others are then surely the others are the place to seek TF too..

Henry is off-lineSilver Member
11 September 2013 13:35
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Lancashire
Blackpool

Have you tried asking the people who run PureStorm?

Moderator Input.
Topic now locked as a Moderator has provided an answer.
It is unfair on those members who play by the rules to allow the minority who deliberately
post false TF calls to seek Paid work to get away with this not uncommon practice.

I may as well do it. I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Purestorm is off-line
13 September 2013 06:30
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

A number of members reported this morning's TF casting call which stated:-
"Although this casting says it is a TFP shoot i do require payment."

Like several other models who recently deliberately created False TF requests, this action led to her Suspension.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danmartyn1804 ElleLaura
ad360photo andygstudios ansonphotography BOBREEVES BobWright cps ellessephotography Fashionphotography freddie GerryS2 GGDP_Photography GlasgowPhotographer James7799 jyp kimsandman2 Ladiesman mike0048 photomart rscott360 Rtnphotography siclews skinz TinDolls woodens
Scarlettes
photo39