Reminder Secure

Ab exercises/Yoga?

10 September 2013 14:24
River
Model

Just wondering what you ladies (and men) do for toning up abs?
I am aware that cardio work outs results in fat loss, but am wondering what the most efficient ways of toning are (particularly abs but also bum/thighs).
I am thinking of starting Yoga at university, does anyone here do it? What have you gained/what have been the results of attending yoga classes?

Thanks!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
10 September 2013 20:12
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

Despite being in terrible shape, I used to do a yoga class weekly. Because I am overweight, some of the positions were very challenging and the teacher pushed us very hard. The word "torture" springs to mind.

There are many (claimed?) health benefits of yoga (just Google "health benefits of yoga") however it is no use whatsoever for toning your stomach abs. In fact, I believe a soft stomach is the aim.

I felt a lot better for doing it and I miss it, but I am too bone idle to drag myself to a class.

Of course, much depends on the yoga teacher, but I would certainly recommend giving it a try (and sticking to it for a few classes), especially if you want to still be able to do cartwheels when you are in your 80s! I cannot say it got my body into great shape!

As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

Kaylie Mansfield is off-line
09 May 2014 18:46
kayliem
Model

Hertfordshire
hertford

hi I do yoga and some of the core exercises are very good for your abs. I can feel my tummy ache the next day. So it does depend on what type of yoga. I do hatha yoga. There are a lot of videos on youtube from yoga teachers type in core work and you might find some good exercises to try

12 May 2014 08:02
Photobomber
Photographer
This member has been suspended

One word...squats

45 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 Lusciousabi29 RISelene rob452 Roose speed84
android_man antoinewynn boss1968 cliffc copperbronze cygnet Dave@studio99 david1500 djb1 Don_Dark donaldmac eosfan flawless_photo glamorphotos gshocker30 Impulse_Images JPV just_lez Kjoservices MauricesImagery MIB michaelangelo mlp modelboutique natkins noggy1930 paulreeves philsmg Photojames43 redbaron Richard99 rscott360 RUPERT sirspread stevegosh steveh32 westend_portfolios