matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
08 September 2013 13:38
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Hello all, hope you all had a good weekend

In the first of a series of updates I'm planning for Purestorm I will shortly be updating the image upload page. The main improvement here is that you can now upload a number of images at the same time (10)  rather than just 1 which can be quite cumbersome.
Although it's not live yet you can test it for yourself here:-

http://www.purestorm.com/upload.aspx

Make sure you're logged in though.

Feel free to post any feedback you have on this thread

Thanks
Matt

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
08 September 2013 16:13
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Excellent, I like the sound of this.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
08 September 2013 17:53
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Sounds great, I just have to get me some shoots to try it out
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Fenland Photographic is off-line
08 September 2013 18:52
simon_wren
Photographer
simon_wren
Lincolnshire
Peterborough / Spalding

A definate plus point Matt. Not tried the Beta version on your link, but as a mod on a motorcycle website I do know the benefits of multiple uploads.

GCImages is off-line
08 September 2013 19:25
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

Who uploads that Many images?......Change the front page images on show.  It needs to show how dynamic the site is.  If we see the same images and threads for days on end, we assume it's stale.  Maybe the lady at No 43 needs a wake-up?

You have a NSFW option.....if members misuse it, stop them from being shown,,,,,,,,otherwise, let people see what is being posted.

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
08 September 2013 20:18
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

Quote from GSC4X
Who uploads that Many images?......Change the front page images on show.  It needs to show how dynamic the site is.  If we see the same images and threads for days on end, we assume it's stale.  Maybe the lady at No 43 needs a wake-up?

You have a NSFW option.....if members misuse it, stop them from being shown,,,,,,,,otherwise, let people see what is being posted.

I agree with you that members would seldom want to load as many as 10 images at a time. Maybe 4 or 5 max?

However, I do not agree with you that seeing the same set of images rotating for three days shows the site is stale. Do you remember the old days when images of one model would be on the front page of Purestorm for months on end?! I remember Vicki Taverner was one. Whatever happened to Vicki? 

I agree with you that the Forums seem fairly lifeless these days. Still that has to be better than the old days, when if I was brave enough to post anything, I would get set upon by a pack of trolls trying to wind me up. I ended up avoiding the Forums like the plague. Maybe they have found happier hunting grounds? 
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

Gerry is off-line
09 September 2013 02:05
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

There are a "couple" on the other site that have over a 1000 images on their profile of flat lit unimaginative glamour - and I am commenting on the quality as I do actually like glamour.

They would love the ability of adding 10 pictures at the same time but I am not sure many of us would be happy to witness them doing that.

Redchecker I remember was always saying how he admired their work and couldn't wait to see them on the recent image uploads until they spoiled it by creating a block profile facility
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
09 September 2013 02:15
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from carshaltonkev
I remember Vicki Taverner was one. Whatever happened to Vicki? 

Who could forget Vicki. That's going back a few years now

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
09 September 2013 02:42
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Gerry99111
Redchecker I remember was always saying how he admired their work and couldn't wait to see them on the recent image uploads until they spoiled it by creating a block profile facility

One of them got to around 1270 images IIRC, all seemingly 2x 45° umbrella setups, and the same dozen models over and over and over again, just with different lingerie or bedspreads (sad thing is as well, is that judging by the guy's EXIF data he'd spent the best part of around £8000 on his camera to produce that mediocre crap)

Sadly, any attempt to ask for a method of blocking this (& other crap reminiscent of NM at its finest) from the image feed on our own login only ended up with me getting a metaphorical gang rape on the forums, instigated by one or two usual trouble makers. Apparently it is only fair to allow RedChecker is a naughty person ty photographers (& models) to be allowed to force their crap down our throats. Thankfully they did eventually allow blocking, needless to say I spent the next few days blocking all the members known to produce RedChecker is a naughty person ty images on there.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
09 September 2013 02:55
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from GSC4X
Who uploads that Many images?

I uploaded about 20 images yesterday morning (before this announcement) from various shoots, having not updated my profile with new images for about a year or so on here. Often I'll save up editing for shoots for a few months and occastionally edit them in large blocks (if I've got time off work for example).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Chandni23 fashion29 jessicatx089 Natural_happy_girl pinklilly stevepm
android_man Blancho davejarvis davetse david1500 FlyingShot frank4 hylander IanHighlander iestyn Kjoservices liteangle markwalden Mattcairns MIB mrdl PeppeArena Phiesta1 Pictureimage Richard99 RUPERT shadowtime74 siclews steveh32 Stoker TWO50 Zuiko
ThePhotographyStudios