Reminder Secure

New Pics (+ need to delete some!)

This thread is being watched by 1 person
08 September 2013 12:06
River
Model

I'm having a portfolio re-vamp and I need to know what works and what doesnt. I'm hoping to do more shoots over the next few months as I am not on placement so need to delete some things and know what I need to add. General feedback please!
Thanks all!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
08 September 2013 14:15
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

I really love the pics you have added recently taken by AspiringCecil. The recent pic entitled "Wool" is not as good and your smile looks wrong (forced?) to me. Can I suggest you arrange another shoot or two with AspiringCecil, because he is doing such a great job at capturing your beauty.

The lingerie pic is quite brave for River, but you look fantastic in it.
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

08 September 2013 14:25
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London

PS. You have some truely fantastic pics in your profile that should never be deleted.

However- IMHO I think you should get rid of-

1. "New Brunette Hair". Average photo and you are now back to blonde. So should be culled asap..
2. "Eyes". Does not do it for me. Over processed.
3. "Blue toned" - the weakest of those remaining.

All the others I think have a lot of merit and some are fantastic.

I hope this helps and I hope you get more feedback rather than just me!

As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

08 September 2013 16:30
Dani-Elle
Model

This one could go:
http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1097730&u=River

Only because this one: http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1097731&u=River which appears to be from the same set/shoot is the nicer one of the two.
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

09 September 2013 08:16
River
Model

Thank you both for your advice I agree with deleting the ones mentioned...I've got too many portraits!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

09 September 2013 10:11
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London

Quote from River
Thank you both for your advice I agree with deleting the ones mentioned...I've got too many portraits!

True! Too many portraits and all pics taken of your "best" side. Apart from Polka Dot which is not a portrait. Nothing much wrong with your other side?!

I am not saying all your pics look the same, but there is not really a huge amount of variety. This might be because you are choosing the pics that you like?

Shame you only got two people commenting. I would expect more! Maybe this site really has declined?

Gary is off-lineSilver Member
16 September 2013 03:03
gazhilla
Photographer
gazhilla
Lancashire
Lancaster

Apart from the ones mentioned, the Edd Firm shots are a bit weak ( normally love Ed's work ) compared to the rest. More of your main image type shots and the stuff you did with Vic ( beachview) .
Yours is one of one of those ports that leaves me feeling there is so much more.

Gerry is off-line
16 September 2013 04:34
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Hi River, I am going to have a go at what is missing - it is all summed up in one picture, the Cathedral one.

It is full length and has an interesting background.

You have a lot of half length and 3/4 length pictures against plain backgrounds, many of which look like a studio of some sorts but there is a whole market out there for people who prefer shooting on location and using a bit of creativity. Seeing mainly studio shots would give me a concern that you did not like location work.

You may not wish to hear that as the weather is getting colder though!
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
annabelsj
AegeanSoft Blancho dloglaczem grahamsphotography Pictureimage Platidonio rscott360