Reminder Secure

New Pics (+ need to delete some!)

This thread is being watched by 1 person
08 September 2013 11:06
River
Model

I'm having a portfolio re-vamp and I need to know what works and what doesnt. I'm hoping to do more shoots over the next few months as I am not on placement so need to delete some things and know what I need to add. General feedback please!
Thanks all!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
08 September 2013 13:15
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

I really love the pics you have added recently taken by AspiringCecil. The recent pic entitled "Wool" is not as good and your smile looks wrong (forced?) to me. Can I suggest you arrange another shoot or two with AspiringCecil, because he is doing such a great job at capturing your beauty.

The lingerie pic is quite brave for River, but you look fantastic in it.
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

08 September 2013 13:25
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London

PS. You have some truely fantastic pics in your profile that should never be deleted.

However- IMHO I think you should get rid of-

1. "New Brunette Hair". Average photo and you are now back to blonde. So should be culled asap..
2. "Eyes". Does not do it for me. Over processed.
3. "Blue toned" - the weakest of those remaining.

All the others I think have a lot of merit and some are fantastic.

I hope this helps and I hope you get more feedback rather than just me!

As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

08 September 2013 15:30
Dani-Elle
Model

This one could go:
http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1097730&u=River

Only because this one: http://www.purestorm.com/view-image.aspx?i=1097731&u=River which appears to be from the same set/shoot is the nicer one of the two.
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

09 September 2013 07:16
River
Model

Thank you both for your advice I agree with deleting the ones mentioned...I've got too many portraits!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

09 September 2013 09:11
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London

Quote from River
Thank you both for your advice I agree with deleting the ones mentioned...I've got too many portraits!

True! Too many portraits and all pics taken of your "best" side. Apart from Polka Dot which is not a portrait. Nothing much wrong with your other side?!

I am not saying all your pics look the same, but there is not really a huge amount of variety. This might be because you are choosing the pics that you like?

Shame you only got two people commenting. I would expect more! Maybe this site really has declined?

Gary is off-lineSilver Member
16 September 2013 02:03
gazhilla
Photographer
gazhilla
Lancashire
Lancaster

Apart from the ones mentioned, the Edd Firm shots are a bit weak ( normally love Ed's work ) compared to the rest. More of your main image type shots and the stuff you did with Vic ( beachview) .
Yours is one of one of those ports that leaves me feeling there is so much more.

Gerry is off-line
16 September 2013 03:34
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Hi River, I am going to have a go at what is missing - it is all summed up in one picture, the Cathedral one.

It is full length and has an interesting background.

You have a lot of half length and 3/4 length pictures against plain backgrounds, many of which look like a studio of some sorts but there is a whole market out there for people who prefer shooting on location and using a bit of creativity. Seeing mainly studio shots would give me a concern that you did not like location work.

You may not wish to hear that as the weather is getting colder though!
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs chosin Cleaver01 ElleLaura Keiralavelle Layla_mk Lilly_69 lindacanovamodel NikkiLouise93
altglass bbphotos Blancho cliffc david1500 dirkus djb1 domnumberone duncanjames edb Essexjohn geoffmarchant GH46 glamournorthwest Hazy Kjoservices Ladiesman lify mauricesimagery mlp occy oscar philippahh plld rembrandt snapper47 sniffer steveh32 studio17