Lebara mobile

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
07 September 2013 12:19
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Anybody have experience of this network for international calls? seem very cheep, tried searching for what network they use but all they let on is you need a phone unlocked to all networks, does this mean the chop and change somehow?

Vinny V is off-lineGold Member
07 September 2013 17:39
vinman30
Photographer

Lancashire
Blackpool

Hi there Paul

I use them for calling Hong Kong and China alot for work....the network runs on the back of vodafones network

never had any issues with them myself, up to now tbh

an unlocked phone by its very nature, is unlocked to all networks, so i think its saying u need an unlocked phone, as their SIM wont work in a specific carrier locked phone (such as voda, o2 etc etc)

cheers

Vinny

08 September 2013 00:12
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Thanks might try it in my old Vodaphone phone then if they use Vodaphones network might just work.

08 September 2013 00:51
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Put card into phone looks like it might work, main screen opens ok with Lebara where it was vodaphone, Although upon first switching phone on vodaphone logo appears. Be great if it does work Vodaphone 35p a minute, Or Lebara 1.5p a minute a bit of a no brainer really.

08 September 2013 01:31
ScottishGeek
Photographer

The Vodafone logo at startup will be part of their branding of the phone and embedded in the firmware. The operator logo is the important one.
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." – Henri Cartier-Bresson

08 September 2013 12:26
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Just to report it does work so anybody wanting to make cheap international calls a lebara card and a vodaphone phone are compatable

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs estefy86 Faye Kaylie Lusciousabi29 pebbles40 Winterlilly
amvma anthonyh antoinewynn Aquarian Creativedge jackw Kjoservices Ladiesman lenspoynter liteangle mlp myview rod_m99 scottmcccxiv stevegosh Steveh32
matt