This thread is being watched by 4 people
GCImages is off-line
02 September 2013 20:15
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

Such a vibrant site, once upon a time.  Although its late, the last forum post is 1 3/4 hours old.  Lets get the new uploads on the front page. Stuff the safe for work or otherwise.  Members have the option not to see them........lets get this place moving again. 

Stu Buckland is off-line
03 September 2013 03:40
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
Kent
Maidstone

The site has sadly been surpassed by other sites doing a better job, and there seems to be a lack of innovation and willingness to change here. So the site has become stale. So there has been a slow exodus of members here.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
03 September 2013 04:33
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Agree that there needs to be a revamp and refresh. I still think PS is a much better site in my experience regarding practical photographic castings and communications. I also think Purestorm, thankfully retains a fairly professional ' matter of fact', neutral presentation and attitude. I don't think other sites are actually doing a better job, the 'hype' and 'presentation' is superficially more impressive however it would be bad if Purestorm went in the ' up its own ***' direction of a certain other site, which is dominated by attention seekers, 'look at me's' and' I love me's'.

03 September 2013 04:52
Jackass
Photographer

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed that magpie1
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

03 September 2013 04:56
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Quote from Jackass
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed that magpie1

Stunning, Awesome, Awesomely stunning!

Paul Riddell is off-line
03 September 2013 05:00
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

I've cut down on using PS for casting largely because there are so many really, really amateur models on here.

Last time I posted a paid commercial casting for a male model on this site I recieved replies back from several female models saying that their boyfriend / brother could do the job without giving me any reference to that person, photos or otherwise. Even if they could the professional thing would have been to forward the casting to that person, and let that person get in touch if they are interested.

I mean come on! isn't the most basic thing to know about a model to be able to see their photos and stats?

Many others had stats that didn't remotely cover what the requested look was. i.e. when I specially request a white model there is no point contacting me if you are a black model. Or vice versa. I've already sat down and discussed with my client exactly what look they want.

Finally there are many others with the most awful, amateur photographs. When will models learn that for commercial work you need really good professional photos for me to able to forward them onto the client?

www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Rob Keynsham is off-line
03 September 2013 05:03
basil
Photographer
basil
Avon
Bristol

Quote from thestarglider
The site has sadly been surpassed by other sites doing a better job, and there seems to be a lack of innovation and willingness to change here. So the site has become stale. So there has been a slow exodus of members here.

I'm not aware of any 'better' sites. Of course the other sites will try to market themselves as 'better than Purestorm' because 'almost as good as Purestorm' doesn't have quite the same ring to it. I've deleted all my profiles from the other sites because everybody on my wishlist uses Purestorm.

It may be that PS requires some new members as these seem more enthusiastic about posting in the forums and uploading new images.

Preswylfa is off-line
03 September 2013 05:14
gwentman
Photographer
gwentman
Caerphilly
Blackwood

Well, I for one have just renewed for a year as I find this to be a stable site.
I'm not so sure that you can always rate a site by its forum activity as there must be more going on between
members than appears to others.
Time can be very limited, holidays, sorting out household business, education etc., for after all is said and done, photography
for most on this site is now just a hobby or at best a lifelong passion.
The site will persevere as quality will always survive.

Mike.

Amber West is off-line
03 September 2013 05:15
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

I'm currently on a break until October. But normally in regards to shoots, nowadays most of my stuff tends to be published stuff (on pay sites) so I get it it through word of mouth or direct contact.

However, I do still get some work via portfolio hosting sites, and in regards to actual WORK, I still get most of that from here (and the american modelling site). The other place's forums have been a bit busier, but the castings don't seem to be as clear and genuine.

I also have not had a sleazy/inappropriate work offer from here in a very, very long time (probably like, two years ago). Which is a positive.

03 September 2013 06:10
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

I put identical castings on here and the ' luvvies' site got 7 replies fromPS 1 from the other. So there is a big difference between apparent activity and real action.

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bigjams jessicaliu1993 LauraSt missminiskirt
ElegantCaptures frankpht Gingers grahamsphotography michaelangelo rscott360 Steveh32 Thomsk