Glasses wearing and photography

This thread is being watched by 1 person
AndiCallen is off-lineSilver Member
01 September 2013 09:08
AndiCallen
Photographer
AndiCallen
Greater Manchester

I've been advised to wear varifocals by my optician after my latest eye test. Any Togs out there wer varifocals? Any problems?
All advice welcome. Don't want to spend my Lens Fund unnecessarily on glasses if they're going to cause me problems!

photo_phil is off-line
01 September 2013 09:52
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

I wear normal glasses and hate trying to look through the view finder with them, so I'm getting laser treatment next year.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
01 September 2013 09:57
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

There was an extensive ' varifocal thread' on here a couple of weeks ago, most very positive about them.

01 September 2013 10:00
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I wear contacts and on the rare occasion I've tried to use a camera with my glasses on... no, no way. Just can't.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Paul Hodson is off-line
01 September 2013 10:07
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from AndiCallen
 Any Togs out there wear varifocals?

Yes

Quote from AndiCallen
 Any problems?

No

wink

To elaborate, you view as easily as any other glasses through the viewfinder - but you should be able to see the camera settings as well now! (Though being short sighted, I find it easier to take them off when looking at the camera.)
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

01 September 2013 11:40
Neil_M
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Some camera's let you set the view finder to your prescription. That is one option.

I wear glasses and don't find the view finder a problem with them.

Andrew Bennett is off-line
06 September 2013 10:48
andjben2003
Photographer

Derbyshire
Codnor

As an optician I can say that if your optician has done his job correctly he should have found out you are a tog and his advice should have taken account of this knowledge.
As an amateur tog I can tell you that after a settling in period you should have no problems with varifocals if they have been set up correctly for you. If you do have any then most lens manufactures give at least a 30 day no quibble return policy, but do get them checked by a GOC registered optician before going down this root.
One last bit of advice, most opticians offer three price ranges for their lenses,the cheapest are just that, the middle range offer good benefits more money but the most expensive dont give that much more for the money. I would always go for the middle range and should you need the extra you should only have to pay the diff as you should get a refund on the others first (no quibble above).
Hope this helps you

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa fashion29 Lusciousabi29 lynnesel pinklilly
ansonphotography bavister Camerawerks clarmike Dave@studio99 diphoto djb1 donaldmac edwards eosfan frankpht Images1854 jackw James7799 JohnDentonPhoto karlsheen nothingventured padzer1 peterh Photosareu read rscott360 sammylhel Steveh32 timbham tonypage urbano
luxstudios