Reminder Secure

Review me?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
23 August 2013 17:04
RayneBeaux
Model

This is my first portfolio review on Purestorm. I would like to know what you think of my images, my general modelling, and my notes. Are there any images that you like/dislike? Is there anything that you would like to see more of? Any suggestions for improvement? All constructive critique welcomed.

Thanks in advance,
Rayne

Chrissie Red is off-line
24 August 2013 12:08
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Hello,

Its a shame nobody has responded - I think you already know what the general population thinks of your images though, unless I'm getting you mixed up with somebody else then you post portfolio review every week on PP. The views don't change that much on the different sites

xxx

24 August 2013 12:19
RayneBeaux
Model

LoL, thanks for that. I suppose my reason for posting possibly too many (I'm now realising) port reviews is that I normally don't get too many takers...and when I do I don't get many comments on how I can improve. I'm really wanting some critique so that I can become better and I figured that there may be some people on pure storm who haven't yet seen my stuff and wanted to give it a go.

ChrisS is off-line
24 August 2013 15:11
TheChrisS
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

I really like your portfolio. I guess if I had any criticisms, maybe add a bit more variety? The vast majority of your port is either topless or nude, which is fine in itself, but I was left thinking "oh, it's another nude image" when flicking through, and more shocked to find photos with your clothes on, whereas surely my thoughts should be the other way round?

My other criticism really is of the images by Stolfrey - they lack the subtlety of your other images and have some form of HDR applied to them - I don't really like that effect in portraits myself.

Otherwise a perfect port

24 August 2013 16:34
RayneBeaux
Model

Thank you very much. This is quite helpful! This is what I need to hear so I know how to better improve!! Any more advice anyone? I really appreciate your opinions.

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
24 August 2013 16:41
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Well you certainly don't mind being naked! Good portfolio with some quality images and you have a variety of poses and expressions. My only criticism would be that you list fashion as one of your preferences but that section has only one - and a rather dark one at that -image in it.
It was broken when I got here

24 August 2013 17:24
RayneBeaux
Model

Yes, I have many more photos...many including fashion but I only have the most basic paid membership on here. Maybe I'll switch out some nudes for some fashion images. Thanks for the input

King13 is off-lineSilver Member
25 August 2013 05:09
kingnorman13NK
Photographer

London

You are clearly good and experienced so presumably any critique should look a little deeper?
I think your portfolio illustrates more than satisfactorily a freedom of spirit and confidence; and that you enjoy being in front of the camera. This all bodes well for an enjoyable shoot for both model and photographer.
I read that you express yourself best in a 'whole body' image, and the dominance of nude/semi nude images suggests this is 'your' genre. I also see an expression of sensuality in the majority of your images. Maybe you should consider the categories of images as you define them in your written profile and redress the balance (excuse the pun). But nothing wrong in concentrating on things you are best at.
I'm less convinced by the portrait/headshots shots, and not sure why you have these two categories separate. You might consider culling some of these.
Your expressiveness overcomes any concerns any might have over your height, but sometimes styling can do injustices. The skirt shot is a nice , but somehow I find your waist and figure is truncated by the skirt. You have a waist in the 'artistic nudes' front shot! The 'paint on the back' shot is interesting but perhaps your pose is a little too relaxed to make best of your figure.

Well, I hope you will find my comments as just one photographer's opinion useful, and maybe what were hoping for?

NK

25 August 2013 06:44
RayneBeaux
Model

Yes, thanks very much. This was truly helpful and I will address these issues! Any more comments from anyone?

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
27 August 2013 19:27
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

I have looked through your profile and while the images are mostly very good quality and very "modern" and "artistic", to me it is all rather boring and they all look the same. Poses look similar, the styles are very similar and the colours are all washed out or monochrome.

It is as if these are the kind of photos you like and it is your "house style" and any photographer who produced something different, say with "natural" or "real" colours would not stand a chance of appearing on your profile. Not much range here. Not a lot to interest photographers like me who are interested in clothed models and real colours. OK I am old fashioned.

It is like a singer whose songs all sound very much the same? But maybe this is your genre and you are very good at it?
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale ElleLaura JodieEllen
63jian ansonphotography Bane711 bbphotos dave2008 dg_Images GlasgowPhotographer Jonnyrigs Kjoservices lify MIB Millzy82 peterh photomart Pictureimage Pjsphotos scott24 shinywear skymouse Steveh32 swalsh58 TinDolls TonyNutley Xda2