hey everyone im new and wondered on your thoughts for my portfolio thank you

Andrew Gibbins is off-line
23 August 2013 02:14
andrew_gibbins
Photographer
andrew_gibbins
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Allow me to offer up my straight opinions on your portfolio as the first one to do so.

The first thing that strikes me is your expressions. You look so uncomfortable that we can touch and feel it. And that ruins all your pictures, except the one you have that was probably shot with someone close to you. Modelling is about a lot more than showing off your body, its about feeling, about expressions and about style. I feel none of this in your pictures.

Now, this may be attributed to you being a new model, and haven't gotten into it just yet, but if one thing has to change, its your expressions, and that you need to get into whatever it is that you do. I can see that many of your pictures are an attempt at glamour, and one of the key ingredients in that genre is that one also uses expressions to make a picture worth having.

I am sure someone may contradict me, and thats fine. But for starters, work on your expressions and emotions. They are they key to great modelling and extraordinary pictures.

23 August 2013 04:41
BaileyK
Model

Same expression & below average quality in images (Not your fault on the whole)
Practice expressions in the mirror or even your camera phone so you know what could work.

The only one where you have a different expression is the one I assume is with your partner

Fiona Russell is off-line
23 August 2013 04:58
xMISS2x
Model

Hampshire
Portsmouth

Ok thank you, i do have more pictures maybe i should Change some around. Thank you for the advice

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bandardomino99 chosin
AaronKent bamfordphotography david1500 dby47 Hazy iestyn keltica martinchristie mlp MSQRD paulfcm16 photon rtmphoto Snooper911 Spiritofwales steveh32
barlowstudios