Reminder Secure

Bad drivers every-where but which car makes stand out ?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
23 August 2013 16:55
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The one you really need to watch out for is the driver behind the car in front and in front of the car behind
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Jenny Wren is off-line
25 August 2013 04:29
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

I have a JennyWren is a naughty person s car abd I love it to pieces. It's reliable, safe and at 14 years old and with 160k under her belt she hasn't had a serious problem yet.

Ok,I keep on top of maintenance, regular oil changes, tyres, tyre pressures etc.

I don't drive like a JennyWren is a naughty person because I usually have my child in the car, and as I keep trying to tell my dad (who does driven like a demon) it's not how good you are, it's how aware everyone else is. You could be the most competent race driver in the world, doesn't mean someone isn't going to pull out on you.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Jenny Wren is off-line
25 August 2013 04:30
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Please excuse typos. New phone. Tiny keyboard.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
25 August 2013 05:21
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote The attitude 'I know I'm a good driver' comes from 29 years accident free driving, I took the advanced driving course when I was 21, it was a requirement of my insurance company to provide cover on a particular car.

Somehow I doubt that you drove at 90 mph with your young son in the back of the car, while taking your advanced driving test! If you had done so you would have failed. As you would the regular driving test I might add. Thus the abilty to drive at an advanced standard, obviously something you were capable of when you took it, does not equate with the standard of driving on the occassion you describe, which was actually below the standard rquired of anyone, let alone an advanced driver. In the same way as one might suggest it would be a good idea for drivers to be required to re-take the driving test at a certain age or after so many years driving, (a proportion of whom would fail), you might find that after so many years having elapsed since passing the advanced driving test, your standards have fallen below that now required for the Advanced driving test too. You sound just like the 22-year old I work with, who drives an sporty Alfa Romeo. He says he sticks to the 30 limits but doesn't bother with any of the others because they're outdated and unnecessary, and anyway, he's a good driver and has never has an accident.  

Henry is off-lineSilver Member
25 August 2013 21:25
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
Lancashire
Blackpool

There's something called "risk compensation" where the safer you feel, the more risks you take. Modern motor cars with air bags, traction control, anti-lock brakes, side impact bars, etc. make people feel very safe so they take more risks than they did in the past. At one time only Volvo drivers felt this invulnerable which accounted for their driving style compared to everyone else on the road.

In order to rectify this situation I would like to propose the banning of all modern safety features in motorcars - air bags, seat belts, crumple zones, traction control, side imapct bars, etc. I would also have all cars fitted with an 18" steel spike in the center of the steering wheel aimed at the driver's chest. Consider the advantages; cars would be much cheaper, drivers would suddenly become a lot more careful, and though the mortality rate would initially be quite high the removal of those with a genetic predispostion to driving like a complete plonker from the gene pool will ensure that as a race we will become better drivers in general... eventually.
I may as well do it. I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Mickey is off-line
26 August 2013 03:17
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Quote from Henry_Artist
There's something called "risk compensation" where the safer you feel, the more risks you take. Modern motor cars with air bags, traction control, anti-lock brakes, side impact bars, etc. make people feel very safe so they take more risks than they did in the past. At one time only Volvo drivers felt this invulnerable which accounted for their driving style compared to everyone else on the road.

In order to rectify this situation I would like to propose the banning of all modern safety features in motorcars - air bags, seat belts, crumple zones, traction control, side imapct bars, etc. I would also have all cars fitted with an 18" steel spike in the center of the steering wheel aimed at the driver's chest. Consider the advantages; cars would be much cheaper, drivers would suddenly become a lot more careful, and though the mortality rate would initially be quite high the removal of those with a genetic predispostion to driving like a complete plonker from the gene pool will ensure that as a race we will become better drivers in general... eventually.

+111111
Much the same was proposed by a senior racing driver instrucyor at Brands Hatch many years ago when discussions were rife regarding the best method of preventing racing injuries/deaths from rising. Catch fencing, gravel traps, tyre walls etc etc, no sharpened steel poles dug into the ground on the outside of corneds painted bright colours was Tony Lanfranchi's idea. This would initially be responsible for a number of "young guns" coming to an untimely premature end but would certainly concentrate the minds of the remaining drivers, hey presto less accidents in the long run.

Toxic is off-line
26 August 2013 03:19
Toxicimaging
Photographer

Nottinghamshire

I drive an Audi, I am an advanced driver and in 33 years of driving have had no accidents. The drivers who need keeping off our roads are the ones who think it is ok to use a mobile phone or text whilst driving and the ones who think the driver behind is a mind reader when they don't use indicators before switching lane or turning.

Paul Hodson is off-line
26 August 2013 06:08
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from mikethefoto
+111111

Much the same was proposed by a senior racing driver instrucyor at Brands Hatch many years ago when discussions were rife regarding the best method of preventing racing injuries/deaths from rising. Catch fencing, gravel traps, tyre walls etc etc, no sharpened steel poles dug into the ground on the outside of corneds painted bright colours was Tony Lanfranchi's idea. This would initially be responsible for a number of "young guns" coming to an untimely premature end but would certainly concentrate the minds of the remaining drivers, hey presto less accidents in the long run.

Funny then that the death rate in motor racing has reduced..............

Seat drivers make the most "fault" claims by the way.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

30 August 2013 02:56
twentytwenty
Photographer

In Scotland its not a make of car, that's the killer, its a road called the A9, Apparently 93% of HCV's driving it are breaking the speed limit. (which is 40mph for HGV's), and frustration from car drivers stuck behind them is believed to be a major cause of the continuing high death rate the road itself is fast, but it goes from dual to single lane all the time. its so damn easy to forget your back on single lane. throw into the equation the high amount of tourists, many from oversea's who have become disorientated and driven down the road in the wrong lane, resulting in head on collisions, Its Bloody lethal, this road kills one or two a month, If ever a road needed sorting out, its this one, I absolutely hate driving on it

Mickey is off-line
30 August 2013 03:03
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Quote from mph
Funny then that the death rate in motor racing has reduced..............

Seat drivers make the most "fault" claims by the way.

I missed the point you are making?

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pinklilly
chandos FirstLifePhotography Nunude steveh32