Reminder Secure

Bad drivers every-where but which car makes stand out ?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 August 2013 02:29
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

While many of us perceive that BMW/Merc/Audi drivers are the worst, IMO there are two factors to consider:

- They are generally the better car on the road in terms of handling and power, and as a result will allow more 'cheeky' behaviour compared to lesser cars.

- In order to afford these cars you obviously have to have a good job, you don't get anywhere in life being the nice guy and a certain level of selfishness/arrogance/go-getter is needed if you're to progress in your career. This trait will, for the most part, show itself in other aspects of their lifes (including driving). The fact that many will be company cars they don't give a toss about may also be a factor. So stick these guys in any make of car and you'll probably find similar behaviour.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mickey is off-line
23 August 2013 02:42
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Quote from oceanova
I was waiting for a white knight to mount his steed and try to crucify me.
  1. The 70 mph speed limit was introduced in 1965, cars have evolved a lot since then if you was unaware. Dampening / Traction control, vented disc brakes, abs breaking systems.
  2. Stats say we have ony of the highest death rates in europe, yet we are still using archaic speed limits, it's funny how France Belgium and germany have lower death rates yet higher speed limits. They tried to up the limit a short while back
  3. I don't give a toss about your view of how I drive, I know I drive safely, I know I am courteous to other drivers around me and I also  know driving a luxury BMW I am protected by Multi point airbags and the fact that my car is built like a Panzer.
  4. You want me and the rest of the internet to believe you have never ever sped over a limit, my you are truly whiter than white, you shall surely go to heaven. 
Probably no need to crucify you, you seem intent on doing that for yourself.
Point 1 - Very true
Point 2 - There are three kinds of lie - Lies, damn lies & statistics. Having driven extensively throughout Europe due to work & leisure & whilst the average Frenchman should be restricted to a bicycle loaded down with onions, the average German is far more courteous & competent that his British counterpart.
Point 3 - Here we have the defining comment - "I'm all right Jack" B*ll*cks to who I may kill by my selfish & incompetent driving, I think I am going to survive to kill another day.
Point 4 - If someone else does something illegal it is alright for me to follow the flock - baaaaa.
Hope your child survives to adulthood despite being fathered by a selfish moron.
Oh, & it is braking as in slowing down, not breaking as in being damaged & irrepairable!!

KHV is off-line
23 August 2013 03:11
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Any car that has been modified, whether that's simply with personal plates or a vruum vruum shiny steel exhaust.

On the M40 it tends to be Range Rovers, especially the Evoke which they believe the 3rd lane is strictly for them, even though there is nothing else around. Must be Tory MP's getting back home.

AJS Photographic is off-line
23 August 2013 03:16
AJSPhotographic
Photographer

Hampshire

No stand out cars in my opinion. But, I am all for fast moving traffic and feel some drivers need to get a move on or pullover ; )

23 August 2013 03:25
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from AJSPhotographic
No stand out cars in my opinion. But, I am all for fast moving traffic and feel some drivers need to get a move on or pullover ; )

At this moment there's a dual carriageway just outside of Oxford that has been reduced to single lane & 40mph due to roadworks. If it wasn't for the arrogant pricks who shoot down the outer lane to force themselves in at the last minute (despite a mile of warnings the road is closed that side) the traffic that queues for a mile or so would keep moving steadily at a tollerable speed rather that stopping & starting for 15 minutes of the journey.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Jonathan is off-line
23 August 2013 03:32
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

Quote from RedChecker
At this moment there's a dual carriageway just outside of Oxford that has been reduced to single lane & 40mph due to roadworks. If it wasn't for the arrogant pricks who shoot down the outer lane to force themselves in at the last minute (despite a mile of warnings the road is closed that side) the traffic that queues for a mile or so would keep moving steadily at a tollerable speed rather that stopping & starting for 15 minutes of the journey.

Oh yes !!!!   So true !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Jonathan is off-line
23 August 2013 03:35
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

I wonder which make of car Matt drives ??????
Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

HowardJ is off-line
23 August 2013 03:43
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from RedChecker
While many of us perceive that BMW/Merc/Audi drivers are the worst, IMO there are two factors to consider:

- They are generally the better car on the road in terms of handling and power, and as a result will allow more 'cheeky' behaviour compared to lesser cars.

- In order to afford these cars you obviously have to have a good job, you don't get anywhere in life being the nice guy and a certain level of selfishness/arrogance/go-getter is needed if you're to progress in your career. This trait will, for the most part, show itself in other aspects of their lifes (including driving). The fact that many will be company cars they don't give a toss about may also be a factor. So stick these guys in any make of car and you'll probably find similar behaviour.

and there in lies the problem. Doing cheeky moves and sitting on someone's tail flashing your lights is likely to leave a trail of destruction behind you.

23 August 2013 03:54
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from HowardJ

and there in lies the problem. Doing cheeky moves and sitting on someone's tail flashing your lights is likely to leave a trail of destruction behind you.

But as I said, your average successful businessman has an attitude of 'don't give a f**k' and they're prepared to trample on anything/anyone in their way.

23 August 2013 04:36
BaileyK
Model

VOLVOS

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
drew1299 ellessephotography