Reminder Secure

Togs pic too!!

21 August 2013 02:51
MissyKaylo
Model

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,
I hope your all well!?

I feel I should write this up as many people mainly models have spoke about this to me and maybe it could help.
Iv been modelling for three years and so im used to going on by the photographers word and references and beautiful images they show me for me to feel I have every trust into working with them.
Some models however have bought this conversation up many times of.. "why cant we see a photo of the photographer".?

Now some photographers will say just ask me and were happy to show a pic of who and what we are ,but many have been offended..I dont know why!!

So what Im asking do you think its fair a model asks for a photo to see who they are working with beforehand?
I think and know this is why many models get nervous and last minute pull out of doing a shoot.

I mean hey its a relief when you actually meet your tog get on well and get home safe and in one .
After all a tog judges who he works with every day by looking at the models photos.

Harpy_images is off-line
21 August 2013 03:08
Harpy_images
Photographer
Harpy_images
South Glamorgan
Barry Cardiff

Whut?

Why the hell does what the phhotographer looks like matter when deciding to work with them?
I mean, do you expect models to get the photo by mail, open it, look and say "oh no, no no no, I cant work with that photographer, he looks a bit rapey" or perhaps "omg, look at that beard, everyone knows men with beards like to cop a feel on the sly"

Seriously?
You have a deeply disturbed yet strikingly fascinating thought process; like an accident involving a car full of supermodels, so beautiful and bad you just can't take your eyes off of it

21 August 2013 03:15
Socialdisaster
Photographer

What a pathetic suggestion.

Do you hire plumbers based on their looks?

Do you treat a policeman differently because of their looks?

Do you not get on a bus because of how the driver looks?

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Sacredo is off-line
21 August 2013 03:25
Sacredo
Photographer
Sacredo
Surrey

physiognomy eh? popular in the 19th century ...

Photographer

21 August 2013 03:43
MissyKaylo
Model

I think you have to small minded to nit work with a tog because you dont like how he looks.
Remember im writing on behalf of some models I know because theyre too worried putting their thoughts out in here. Lol. Where as I dont care as I dont think that way about togs!

However I do wish I had the photographer s details and photo to give to the police who scammed me of 2000 pounds!!

Look me writing it up dont think im this small minded person I have done it on behalf of others. Im actually very openminded and just not scared to say it how it is!
Hope iv not knocked anyone anyway.!!

21 August 2013 04:23
BaileyK
Model

The only time I can see it being needed is if you are meeting them out at a station etc and need to know what they look like.

ImperfectRose is off-lineSilver Member
21 August 2013 04:53
SoftGentle
Model
SoftGentle
Greater Manchester
Leigh

I couldnt give a flying ..... what the photogroppher looks like. appearence is nothing its the skills they have which is why youd want to shoot with them in first place. looks dont matter unless u plan on dating them.
either way i couldnt careless ive had a photogropher who used be in the navy has a amputated leg and a eye missinf. but i wasnt to judge him by his appearence. thats like going for a job interview n the boss being a bit "funnt looking" he offers u the job u say no thats ur funny looking. lol.

modjo30 is off-line
21 August 2013 05:14
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
Cambridgeshire
st neots

Quote from MissyKaylo
However I do wish I had the photographer s details and photo to give to the police who scammed me of 2000 pounds!! 

How did you manage to get scammed out of that amount of cash?

Chrissie Red is off-line
21 August 2013 05:37
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from MissyKaylo
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope your all well!? I feel I should write this up as many people mainly models have spoke about this to me and maybe it could help. Iv been modelling for three years and so im used to going on by the photographers word and references and beautiful images they show me for me to feel I have every trust into working with them. Some models however have bought this conversation up many times of.. "why cant we see a photo of the photographer".? Now some photographers will say just ask me and were happy to show a pic of who and what we are ,but many have been offended..I dont know why!! So what Im asking do you think its fair a model asks for a photo to see who they are working with beforehand? I think and know this is why many models get nervous and last minute pull out of doing a shoot. I mean hey its a relief when you actually meet your tog get on well and get home safe and in one . After all a tog judges who he works with every day by looking at the models photos.

Is it new models who have been speaking to you about this subject? If so then I think maybe it would be more wise for them to perhaps re-look at how they check references and teach them some of the warning signs in the communication process that they should be looking out for.

Models looks are important - because they are models.. Seeing an image isn't going to give you a definative answer to the question "are they going to be cool" because you can't judge that on an image of somebody. The only images which should matter to a model is the pictures the photographer has produced of other models.

If you are meeting somebody at a station etc then the best personal details you can have is the make of their car/ reg details and the colour. Thankfully most photographer I have met this way will also stand by their car and wave like lunatics when they spot me. 

G Jack B is off-line
21 August 2013 08:01
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

I agree with the OP - and it is a perfectly reasonable request.

Everyone is entitled to make informed decisions and in my previous work roles I would say that judging peoples character on first impressions is often not wrong.

Why is everyone being so defensive of what is a simple practical suggestion?

Anyone who has can say they don't judge people by their looks is being judicious with the truth. - especially given the activity we are here for.
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
QueenDeeVa01 Shanti
ad360photo ElegantCaptures nemesis Stevedphoto Terry20