The Lengths We Go to To Attend a Shoot

Mark Silvester is off-lineGold Member
19 August 2013 14:12
marksilvester
Photographer
marksilvester
Dorset
Gillingham

We all are used to the tails of when photographers and models cancel, but here is the flip side andthe 3 occasions that despite it all I have made a shoot:

1 - 7:00am a serious car crash writing off my car and almost me.  Replacement car delivered at 4:00pm went ahead with a photo shoot 50 miles away at 7:00pm.  

2. Hernia operation on Monday, held a tuition at the studio on Saturday, with a little help moving the lights etc. Told to take 4 weeks off. 

3.  Today just out of hospital after an operation this morning on my knee.  It looks like its been bandaged by son / daughter of Michelin man, but I will be at the studio Saturday and Sunday even though walking is not much fun!

May be its just me and I don't know when to stop but I hate letting people down

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
19 August 2013 17:10
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

YOU are the kind of person i wish everyone were in this profession
either side of the camera

Jay R Tog is off-line
19 August 2013 18:05
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
London
london/kent

maybe if you let yourself heal ul be in hospital less....... just a thourght
Don't take care, take risks

Mark Silvester is off-lineGold Member
20 August 2013 02:14
marksilvester
Photographer
marksilvester
Dorset
Gillingham

Quote from Josh_Woodcock_Photography
maybe if you let yourself heal ul be in hospital less....... just a thourght

None of these were connected. Also none my fault or as a result of anything I did.

tim_oh842 is off-line
20 August 2013 05:44
tim_oh842
Photographer

London

Back when I was assisting on a job for Cartier, I got slashed in the palm of my hand by a chaise longue, 5 stitches from nice nurses at A&E and back to work the next day and I took the stitches out myself. I still have the scar and the chaise was written off due to so much blood had soaked into the cream coloured fabric.

Kevin Wilson is off-line
20 August 2013 06:04
kerandastudio2
Studio
kerandastudio2
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

I used to have a model on my studio Model Register, Evie Taylor from Norwich eventually emigrated to Hong Kong.

Has turned up eyes all red and puffy, nose red and streaming full of cold, another occasion she arrived with leg in plaster, rather than cancel at short notice, a true trooper.

20 August 2013 10:28
NTN_Photography
Photographer

I had a shoot organised with a lovely model, in Sevenoaks Park. On the way there my car decided to blow a gasket which caused the engine to seize? Called out the RAC, and whilst waiting I called the model and explained what had happened, the model has already arrived at the park, so then drove back to where I was stuck in a layby. RAC arrived 1 hour later, confirmed car was a right off as it would take too much to repair (car was 2nd hand in the first place). Phoned model, explained my position and would she prefer we cancel and re-book? Model arrived at layby whilst I was discussing with the RAC what had happened. Transferred all my camera, tripod etc. into a her Ford Ka, plus the changes of clothes I had. We then proceeded onto Sevenoaks whilst the RAC too it to a local garage for confirmation and arrangements to retrieve the car the following weekend. Arrived at Sevenoaks, where it was sunny, but a bit cloudy and a quite strong cold wind. The model changed in her car into a very think white dress. We then started to shoot for several hours until she was shivering with the cold, whereby we went to find a small café for a hot drink and jam with cream scones, then she took me home and dropped me off. One very enjoyable shoot with a very likeable and professional model.
Each photograph I take gives me the thrill of acheiving something great, (not there yet, but i'm working on.

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
24 August 2013 03:16
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from Norman_N_Photography
I had a shoot organised with a lovely model, in Sevenoaks Park. On the way there my car decided to blow a gasket which caused the engine to seize? Called out the RAC, and whilst waiting I called the model and explained what had happened, the model has already arrived at the park, so then drove back to where I was stuck in a layby. RAC arrived 1 hour later, confirmed car was a right off as it would take too much to repair (car was 2nd hand in the first place). Phoned model, explained my position and would she prefer we cancel and re-book? Model arrived at layby whilst I was discussing with the RAC what had happened. Transferred all my camera, tripod etc. into a her Ford Ka, plus the changes of clothes I had. We then proceeded onto Sevenoaks whilst the RAC too it to a local garage for confirmation and arrangements to retrieve the car the following weekend. Arrived at Sevenoaks, where it was sunny, but a bit cloudy and a quite strong cold wind. The model changed in her car into a very think white dress. We then started to shoot for several hours until she was shivering with the cold, whereby we went to find a small café for a hot drink and jam with cream scones, then she took me home and dropped me off. One very enjoyable shoot with a very likeable and professional model.

What a model!cheeky
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
sniffer woody