Reminder Secure

New models

19 August 2013 07:18
tobes1992
Model

Hey guys, I was just wondering as i am just starting out is there anything I should be aware of like dodgy photographers etc?

19 August 2013 07:46
BaileyK
Model

Read references & contact models who have worked with photographers.

KHV is off-line
19 August 2013 08:37
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Unfortunately the world is populated by "dodgy" people, and having a camera in your hands does not make them any different.

If it's "too good to be true, then it 99.9% it definitely is".

You will get inundated with offers of Time for Images on CD (TFCD) which seems like a good idea when you need some good images but there is nothing worse for a model than a technically bad image, so choose who you want to do TFCD with with a little more thought.

A lot of people have a fast wealth of experience, so either they will pass that on to you whilst shooting you, or you need to pick it up and put it to good use.

No excuse for sloppy communications, text speak or obtuse emails.

Enjoy yourself.

19 August 2013 17:33
tobes1992
Model

Thank you for advice. I will take everything said into account and sorry if I have offended anyone x

Elaine  is off-lineSilver Member
01 September 2013 07:48
seeryder
Model
seeryder
West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Don't give anyone your own mobile number. Get one just for modelling & never email pics unless the photographer is a professional

07 September 2013 02:39
johnlp
Photographer

Quote from seeryder
 & never email pics unless the photographer is a professional

I really quite object to this.  The reason is too obvious!

Paul Hodson is off-line
07 September 2013 05:26
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from seeryder
never email pics unless the photographer is a professional

never email pics "of your bits" to anyone!

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
04 October 2013 12:32
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from mph
never email pics "of your bits" to anyone!

Including professional photographers. Just because someone may be a professional photographer does not mean that they are any more trustworthy than an amateur.

Best thing to do is check out references.frown
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
06 October 2013 12:20
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

I'd avoid anyone who takes out of focus pictures, Calls me "hun" twice on the same photo comment or that I work with and 2 months later still hasn't sorted out a reference, even though I did for them!"

ken george is off-line
06 October 2013 13:18
kgp
Photographer
kgp
Clwyd
N.Wales & Merseyside

Quote from seeryder
Don't give anyone your own mobile number. Get one just for modelling & never email pics unless the photographer is a professional

Every time

0 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators