Reminder Secure

Success? Will it see a change in attitudes?...

Stu-Art UK is off-line
23 August 2013 02:03
stu_art
Photographer
stu_art
Dorset

Hi JR,

Not what I meant or intended, and fortunately for me, Joel I think understood what I was enquiring and answered very helpfully.....

Stu
"Capture what you see, see what you captured"

Catherine is off-lineSilver Member
23 August 2013 12:01
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

Its hardly surprising that a lot of models have problems with jealous boyfriends and husbands ( although that hardly seems like the right word, as Jealousy is irrational ) when so many on there and similar sites only have females in their ports and freely admit they are only interested in shooting females mainly without clothes.Surly a serious photographer who is interested in producing fantastic images should be equally capable of shooting both sexes and should be happy to show this in their ports.

The published successful photographers I know shoot both male and female well and they are not gay! Anyway why does that matter?

I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 August 2013 12:07
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from catherinewilliams
The published successful photographers I know shoot both male and female well and they are not gay! Anyway why does that matter?

Most photographers will be shooting for their own pleasure and not commercially, and further to that glamour is probably the most popular genre.

Shooting commercially is a totally different ballgame to shooting for yourself. And the same can be said when it comes to shooting fashion vs glamour.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Jones is off-line
23 August 2013 17:17
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from JoelHicks
As a photographer (as well as a model) I love to shoot talent... whether it's male or female.

Hi Joel

It's a good topic for debate.  And you've prompted me to just add a couple of photos of blokes to my portfolio.  frown

I do shoot a lot of glamour.  Probably 99% of the people I photograph are female.  But I also love portraiture and I enjoy the challenge of engaging with someone (female or male) and trying to capture some of their personality.

Quote from RedChecker
Most photographers will be shooting for their own pleasure and not commercially, and further to that glamour is probably the most popular genre.

I think it's hard to disagree with this.

Best regards
Paul

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
annabelsj JBabes
chicimages colinpierce david1500 daygo10 djb1 draigphotographic LGI mauricesimagery MSQRD rod_m99 skymouse Smoking_Allowed tms