Reminder Secure

Aspiring model looking for advice on terminology and essesntially becoming successful

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Jessie-G is off-line
08 August 2013 14:29
Natalia1987
Model

West Yorkshire
Leeds

Hi everyone

I have a moderate amount of knowledge in this industry but I would be grateful if anyone has any tips etc to becoming established. Xxxx thankyou

Kevin Wilson is off-line
08 August 2013 14:59
kerandastudio2
Studio
kerandastudio2
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Hi Natalia,

The first thing someone should make you aware of, Adult means very explicit nude as seen in top shelf adult magazines.
You do not list topless or nude , therefore think it unlikely you would be up for adult work.

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
08 August 2013 15:06
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

First rewrite your portfolio notes take out the X's and ,s they tend to look a bit childish and not very professional. and ditch the picture with the blue background the shadows are horrible.

HowardJ is off-line
08 August 2013 15:43
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

check this previous thread for the definition of levels https://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=233954

There is no silver bullet to becoming established. Do shoots, get feedback, do more shoots, get more feedback. The cycle continues....

Just don't believe everything you're told by photographers e.g. you should work for free (TFP) for 12 months to get experience. Some girls are natural models and can be doing paid shoots from the start. Some models need practice and experience.

I'd say do a few shoots with photographers whose work will really add to your portfolio and give you guidance on how to improve.

Jessie-G is off-line
08 August 2013 15:50
Natalia1987
Model

West Yorkshire
Leeds

Thankyou all for your advice ive been quite lucky as I have been paid for all my shoots so far and had positive feedback from all I will do tfp every so often to boost my portfolio...I try get advice from all photographers I work for each time Id like to think im going the right way about things?

HowardJ is off-line
08 August 2013 16:11
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

It sounds like you're going about it in the right way.

Feedback from me on your current portfolio is:

- You need more examples of your work from different photographers

- You need to show more variety in facial expressions. A smile showing teeth would be good
- If you're doing topless or nude work then include examples of that type of work. People aren't to book you for topless work unless they can see you can be happy and confident in those types of shots and they need to see what your figure is like

- Reply to messages promptly with the information the photographer has requested. It avoids email ping pong and thus avoids the photographer and yourself losing the will to live

- Check references

- Be prepared for the odd "strange" photographer asking you to contact them directly on email.

- Use the shoot booking calendar on here to get photographers to confirm shoots.

- Only give your mobile number out once you've booked a shoot and ask the photographer for their number. It makes it easy to contact each other if problems arrive.

- Always confirm a shoot the day before so the photographer is fully aware you're still good to do it.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
DareMeDD harryking kategrimsby RoxyMendez ryansd
andrewf antoinewynn chicimages D_H_P dannyrich david1500 djb1 dorrian GGDP_Photography gperl ignite Ladiesman mlp parafotos penfold10 photostevo psn Rhadamanthus skymouse swalsh58 Thunder_Photos
harbourstudio