Reminder Secure

Just having a rant!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
08 August 2013 08:06
Dolly_Gaga
Model

Hate it when you do a TF shoot then the photographer decides not to give you the images then when you message them they blatantly ignore you as you can see them online, then they dont even bother to open your messages....I'm Very frustrated and feel cheated!

Rupert Rudd is off-line
08 August 2013 08:15
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

You must feel robbed.
My rant on similar lines is after a paid shoot you send the model some nicely edited pics as a courtesy. She then uses them on her portfolio but cannot be bothered to give you credit for them.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

08 August 2013 08:17
Dolly_Gaga
Model

Yeah not very nice is it!

Mansell is off-line
08 August 2013 09:46
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

A TF shoot is in effect a contract between you both, so as you fulfilled your side of the bargain so should the photographer. There's little excuse for ignoring your messages and if he has a problem the thing to do is to be upfront about it with you.

I shouldn't think that there's any (legal) way you can force the issue but a good start is giving a bad reference.
I state clearly on my profile(s) the approx number of images that will be recieved and in what time scale.

The digital camera is a great invention because it allows us to reminisce. Instantly.

08 August 2013 09:48
Dolly_Gaga
Model

hmm yeah feel so annoyed especially the fact im being ignored!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
08 August 2013 10:01
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Sadly this is very common, you just have to accept it and move on.

Leaving approprate feedback on their profile will be of help to other models.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
08 August 2013 10:10
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Not all photographers are like that. You don't mention how long it's been since the shoot, - you state he's decided not to give you the images, that rather suggests he's told you he's not giving you any. But if you've heard nothing from him, it could be simply that he's not finished editing them yet. As a result of a casting on here at the beginning of July, I did three poppy field shoots, followed by a holiday in Wales, followed by a very productive couple of days photographing butterflies in Sussex, followed by another model shoot and then last weekend a classic car shoot, - thus something in the region of 2000 images to download, edit and deal with. I gave priority to the model shoots but I've been inundated recently, editing every free evening. Ensure you've given him enough time. If he's really not giving you any images, avoid him in the future, provide negative feedback if you can, (could be difficult if you've already given positive feedback, - I've noticed many models have given me feedback on the strength of the shoot we've just had, well before they've seen what I've taken, or received any images). And don't assume all photographers are the same!

Kevin Wilson is off-line
08 August 2013 11:05
kerandastudio2
Studio
kerandastudio2
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from Dolly_Gaga
Hate it when you do a TF shoot then the photographer decides not to give you the images then when you message them they blatantly ignore you as you can see them online, then they dont even bother to open your messages....I'm Very frustrated and feel cheated!

In future insist as part of the deal, that at the end of the booking you leave with a CD /DVD of unedited images, if the photographer insist's the images must be edited agree to wait a certain length of time before you use any images after that time you reserve the right to use the images you hold.
I takes a matter of a few minutes to download several images to disc.

Hope that helps

08 August 2013 11:14
Dolly_Gaga
Model

it was a couple of month ago the shoot...he had excuses he was busy n he would sent them in a couple of days then it wud b in a week n now im just ignored!

08 August 2013 11:15
barone
Photographer

Where's that chap that says "Oh dear"?
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa ElleLaura indiaxxx rob452 sacha4creative Sammi_1985
claypaws cliffc Darimages djb1 Einstein eosfan GlasgowPhotographer keltica Ladiesman Manchestertog1 MauricesImagery Robinsky rscott360 siclews Spiritofwales Steveh32