Car Radios

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
08 August 2013 02:08
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Why is it that often whenever you hear a loud radio in a car that pulls up to traffic lights or stops to drop someone off etc. the ones that are the loudest aren't listening to music but instead listening to talk radio/new/sports results?

A car has just pulled up in the street outside of my workplace and he's listening to the sports results and it's obscenely loud (he's about 50m away yet it's as loud, if not louder than someone talking right next to me). Surely if you're just listening to a solitary person talking you don't need it that loud? or am I missing something?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
08 August 2013 05:37
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I can't speak for others but I have my radio/cd player VERY loud, so I'm able hear it over the road noise, wind noise, engine and rattles.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
08 August 2013 05:40
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

It's not loud radios that bug me, it's the fact that the loudest are listening to someone talking rather than music.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

08 August 2013 05:48
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I find it much harder to hear talking in the car, than music.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
08 August 2013 05:55
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

I think radios should be banned whilst driving a car. It's a proven fact that listening to anything when you're driving lowers concentration and the level of judgement.

Neil Anderson is off-line
08 August 2013 06:30
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Kiboko
I think radios should be banned whilst driving a car. It's a proven fact that listening to anything when you're driving lowers concentration and the level of judgement.

That's what Radio 2 is for, there's nothing to listen to, so it doesn't spoil your concentration.
What's the difference between a proven fact and any other fact?
I think yours is a made-up fact, probably remembered from a radio program that you weren't listening to properly because you were concentrating on driving.
Presumably passengers should also be banned as they are proved to be much more disruptive to the concentration than radios (Children are even worse).
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Rupert Rudd is off-line
08 August 2013 08:19
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Maybe there are more very deaf drivers than we allow for?
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
08 August 2013 09:54
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote from stolenfaces
That's what Radio 2 is for, there's nothing to listen to, so it doesn't spoil your concentration. What's the difference between a proven fact and any other fact? I think yours is a made-up fact, probably remembered from a radio program that you weren't listening to properly because you were concentrating on driving. Presumably passengers should also be banned as they are proved to be much more disruptive to the concentration than radios (Children are even worse).

Oh dear, oh dear OH DEAR!!!

PLEASE Neil, take a large dose of HUMOUR pills, - QUICKLY!!!

08 August 2013 10:09
cardiff_tog2005
Photographer

You can hear the sound of my 76yr old dad listening to the archers through 17,986 meters of solid steel !

Tony Stephenson is off-line
08 August 2013 10:16
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from Kiboko

I'd be interested in your source of proven fact which confirms that listening to a radio, actually reduces concentration/judgement levels whilst driving!

If that is the case then I wonder if statistics also support the probability that families or groups of people in cars are more likely to have accidents than single occupants?

www.le-femme.co.uk

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 Michelledefeo1 Sifx SuzyMonty xamberx
dhuntuk gordon Ianmcculloch jpdo Ladiesman neild nemesis Rscott360 Thechriss Willjamieson