Reminder Secure

People who contact you to photograph them ...

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
07 August 2013 04:24
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

Quote from IanScales
Interesting - 64%? Does that mean because of my response to their messages? Because I don't believe I have EVER not responded to someone messaging, even if it is to decline a shoot. I do remember someone saying they messaged me when they turned up and I they said I hadn't didn't replied. Even though I checked through and had no record of the specific message they said they had sent (I presumed they weren't being exactly honest)

Hi Ian,

The response rate is visible to Gold and Platinum members only i believe and shows up when you compose or respond to an email. I'm guessing a massive proportion of Purestorm users don't have that level of membership so it's not a huge factor but i'd always suggest keeping an eye on your response rate because in a tough/competitive internet modelling/photographic world every little helps!

I was surprised when i first got to see my response rate it wasn't 100%. I too respond to all enquiries specific or general although possibly in the past i was a bit indifferent to comments such as "high I'm in your area"

I understand as long as you respond to the initial contact additional messages don't adversely affect your response rate but occasionally someone will respond to an issue with a new thread that is a standalone comment, such as "sure that's great see you then" this would need a response to complete the process of keeping your response rate high even though you've already completed the conversation with the previous thread!

As to mails going astray I doubt it. More likely just not responding for whatever reason, volume of emails received through to general apathy. Check if it sits in your sent list, it's unlikely if listed it wasn't sent. You can check too if read which is very useful, although I don't think you can check when it was read unlike Facebook/Outlook etc. People tell you loads of reasons other than the reality, A contact recently replied to me with "sorry I only just read your message and sorry i missed your event"! I could see they read it over a week before I'd ask them to think about coming and I'd class this person as fairly reliable! Its internet/normal life I'm afraid!

Dominic.

Ian Scales is off-lineSilver Member
07 August 2013 04:37
IanScales
Photographer
IanScales
Northamptonshire
Kettering

Cheers for all that info Dominic. I'll bear all that in mind! I appreciate you taking time to helping me out. Ian

charlotte jade is off-lineSilver Member
07 August 2013 10:12
charlie_girl
Model
charlie_girl
Nottinghamshire
shirebrook

Remember tho if ure last person to end a conversation that will go as a no reply x

07 August 2013 10:37
IanScales
Photographer
IanScales
Northamptonshire
Kettering

Quote from charlie_girl
Remember tho if ure last person to end a conversation that will go as a no reply x

That's ridiculous though! Cos that surely means someone will always get affected by a negative mark.

Neil Anderson is off-line
07 August 2013 10:40
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from IanScales
That's ridiculous though! Cos that surely means someone will always get affected by a negative mark.

What's negative about not replying or having a low reply number ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

07 August 2013 11:09
IanScales
Photographer
IanScales
Northamptonshire
Kettering

Because someone has to end the conversation. Does that mean that the last person to write, gets a negative mark against them?

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
07 August 2013 11:13
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

As mentioned in a single thread I think you can keep adding messages without effecting the response rate of the other person if they don't reply , but if you start a new thread each time then the other person will be slowly given a lower and lower % return score! does it matter, if scouting for an option reply rates 10% Vs 90% might influence choices,

I doubt if the set up here is sophisticated to recognise that a member is emailing themselves (i did this back in the day as I too wondered if messages were going astray such was the poor response!) if you don't reply (to yourself) your score will possibly go down, do reply and score could go up! Send yourself 100 messages to improve your rating If i get the time I'll try it!

I see an EBay for sale option coming soon, along with 10 positive feedbacks £15, close some ones account £25 and a full set of decent unique profile pics £50!

D.

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
emmaloux Kacie MissCaraJane pinklilly QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez Sammy_Louise Sarahlou73
ad360photo antoinewynn chandos david1500 iestyn john_at_tina_spice Jpdo JRFox lemonvalleystudio markeos50d Matt1988 peterh PhilWinterbourne rscott360 ScottMCCCXIV shinywear Shootonlocation Steveh32