Reminder Secure

What do photographers look for in a home shoot?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
HowardJ is off-line
02 August 2013 16:14
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Nearby parking, jacuzzi, private roof terrace, wet room, rooms big enough to take a flash head, stand and an umbrella

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
02 August 2013 16:40
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Quote from mph
I had a home shoot - at my home - and the model complained it was too clean!

Was she unhappy with the anti-bacterial scrub, the hair nets or the semiconductor-fabrication-jumpsuit that you made her wear?

Peter Hague is off-line
02 August 2013 16:48
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from mph
I had a home shoot - at my home - and the model complained it was too clean!

I shot a girl who was obsessive clean. It did look like a showhouse (all the time according to her husband) a place for everything and everything in its place. After finishing my coffee, the cup was whisked away, washed and put back in the cupboard, in its proper place, almost before I'd managed to swallow the last mouthful.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Elaine  is off-lineSilver Member
04 August 2013 02:23
seeryder
Model
seeryder
West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Most photographers like my home for shoots because , a) It is very clean b) The rooms are large so they can get the kit in & stand back for a shot c)I can offer the full range of my outfits & lingerie d) They get tea & biscuits .

Pixel Sensation is off-line
04 August 2013 13:29
Pixel_Sensation
Photographer
Pixel_Sensation
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham/Grantham

I like home shoots, it gives something different.
I would like to see clean and tidy! Nothing worse than mess everywhere, dust everywhere, cables all over the place etc.
Light and airy is good, however i have portable lights.
Bit of space.
Can you make a good cup of tea...? Thats my dealbreaker... :-)
My kit is fairly portable but walking around with that amount is something i dont like to do too often. Handy if there is parking, although ive done some walks before.

Paul Hodson is off-line
05 August 2013 01:17
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Andy_B
Was she unhappy with the anti-bacterial scrub, the hair nets or the semiconductor-fabrication-jumpsuit that you made her wear?

Nah, just the minimalist tidy house without a layer of dust!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

markthetog is off-line
05 August 2013 05:45
markeewould
Photographer

West Midlands
Birmingham

Quote from seeryder
Most photographers like my home for shoots because , a) It is very clean b) The rooms are large so they can get the kit in & stand back for a shot c)I can offer the full range of my outfits & lingerie d) They get tea & biscuits .

the tea and biscuits do it for me every time

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Modeljo29 Sifx xamberx
Cheshunt83 cliffc davetse digineil dirkus duncanjames ellessephotography For_Arts_Sake forden_photo Gigar72 Gordee Hairflicks jackw James7799 jeffkeefe john_at_tina_spice keltica Ladiesman lester2705 lextalionis Lssm2 Lumen mikehemmings modelimaging Photojoe670 powerbook92 Rscott360 south_photographer steveh32 Stevew1 Willjamieson