Reminder Secure

What are you preferred make up brands?

31 July 2013 12:35
StudioAitch
Studio

A follow up to my make up essentials question. Do you have one preferred make up brand or do you pick and mix brands? Do you use the same brand(s) for modelling as you do for everyday use?

Thanks,

Andrew
Need North West studio hire? You need www.StudioAitch.com

Suzy Monty is off-line
01 August 2013 11:01
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

I never wear makeup when not modelling - helps keep the pores open.

(KISS and makeup is my favouriteyes)

Makeup in my modelling box, is all sorts of makes...but apparently, one should never keep makeup too long, as it forms bacteria after a while. I use Revlon the most.
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

fitnude is off-line
01 August 2013 13:05
actiongirl
Model

London

Arbonne (lovely non-sticky lipglosses in flattering shades), which amanda swan uses and introduced me to and Bobbi Brown and benefit for nude/neutrals and MAC for colours though i usually only wear neutrals and leave the OTT colours for a MUA to muck around with! I would love someone to recommend HD techniques and the right foundation for that, preferably one that is not too expensive and from Boots or Superdrug. If i have the pleasure of working with a MUA then i notice that her products are waaay different to my ones at home. I dont lugg around a massive kit, my make up will fit into a pencil case!

Has anyone else bought the Lancome limited edition products simply because of the packaging? They are covered in cute little hearts and stars...adorable! The Doll Eyes actually gives you a china doll sort of look ...i heart it

07 August 2013 13:55
StudioAitch
Studio

Thank you for the responses.

Regards,

Andrew

07 August 2013 14:19
DollyRocker
Model

Smashbox studio's (at boots) is a b=make up brand made by smashbox studio photography in LA and is made for photoshoots =)
"nobody said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it"

07 August 2013 16:00
StudioAitch
Studio

Just done a count up from all the responses received from here and elsewhere. The top 5 essentials equates to some 37 different items from some 39 different companies! Absolutely amazed at the variety of products people use. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Baybee is off-lineSilver Member
10 September 2013 06:46
AndreyaW
Model
AndreyaW
Dorset
Bournemouth

Clarins bronzing powder, tinted moisturiser, lipgloss
Lancôme Doll eyes mascara (worth every penny and doesn't dry out as quick)
Chanel Foundation
Lancôme black eyeliner.
Rimmel nude lipliner
Dior maxi lips

These are the items I carry in my bag at all times but for shoot, I have a wider selection but pretty much the same brands.
I find that since I wasted a lot of money of these products they have lasted longer and are cheaper on a cost-per-wear basis
:-D

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danmartyn1804 ElleLaura
ad360photo andygstudios ansonphotography BOBREEVES BobWright cps ellessephotography Fashionphotography GerryS2 GGDP_Photography GlasgowPhotographer James7799 jyp kimsandman2 Ladiesman mike0048 photomart rscott360 Rtnphotography siclews skinz TinDolls woodens
photo39