Reminder Secure

Jessica Ennis-Hill pulls out of the World Championships

31 July 2013 08:45
pmeu
Photographer

I'm sad about this and wish her a full recovery.

One thing did strike me as curious and as a rank bad decision (even without hindsight) and is based on this comment from today - "Up until now we have been focusing on managing the pain so I can train and get myself in shape to win in Moscow," she said. "The time has now come to stop chasing fitness and look to cure the problem." and "My job is to get her to Moscow in one piece, and in good shape, and that is my priorityā€¯ Ennis-Hill's coach Toni Minichiello on June 24th.

She seems to have injured the tendon back in May, shouldn't they have been looking for a cure rather than management back then? And yes I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but all the press releases were reading that she'll be ready next week, ok she's still injured, but she'll be ready next week, etc, etc. and this was more than a month ago - seems like they had sufficient information then to realise that managing the pain was not the right tactic.

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Franchella
david1500 diphoto Flanders gilesshaxted GSC4X keltica Kjoservices Ladiesman nonoizephotography orca_photography panda49 PhilStorm photostevo redbaron sniffer
Discretion