Outrageous Police Behavoir

Andrew Miller is off-line
02 August 2013 05:32
AndrewMiller
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
AndrewMiller
Gwent

Any bets on the police being given a telling off and nothing more?

Howard Mansfield is off-line
02 August 2013 05:36
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

Considering the recent PR disasters surrounding Hillsborough and the Stephen Lawrence smear campaign, I don't think anyone will lose much sleep over 5 officers being made examples of.
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

Steve Guy is off-line
02 August 2013 06:08
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

They don't get away with everything. Try this for a bit of a shock.

http://info.fmotl.com/PoliceList.pdf

Even worse if you assume the usual detection rate!

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
02 August 2013 06:49
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Hello Steve
Bit of a shock alright, of the 26 offences 11 are sexual, never thought it would be that high, I had imagined petty crime ,theft from burgulared homes etc
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

02 August 2013 06:49
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Hello Steve
Bit of a shock alright, of the 26 offences 11 are sexual, never thought it would be that high, I had imagined petty crime ,theft from burgulared homes etc
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

Steve Guy is off-line
02 August 2013 07:07
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from KevinJS
Hello Steve

26 offences? Bit of a shock? Scroll down buddy, and brace yourself. Sit down first though.

Pete Whelan is off-line
02 August 2013 07:47
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

02 August 2013 08:45
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Quote from Sdeve
26 offences? Bit of a shock? Scroll down buddy, and brace yourself. Sit down first though.

Hello

I have just done so and bloody hell, the number from the Met. 

Looking at that list is seems the bad guys are recruited

02 August 2013 09:02
JadedRed
Model

Quote from KevinJS
Looking at that list is seems the bad guys are recruited

Its hard to draw a conclusion from just a list (obviously its awful, but a comparison would need to be made to regular people to get a better idea) but as long as the perception is that police can 'get away with' abuses of power they will attract people that find that appealling.

Edit: "Bit off friend’s ear" All of it?!

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
02 August 2013 12:42
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Quote from Sdeve
For the sake of balance, Sarge's observation on the standard police excuse namely "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" is the standard excuse of the incompetent (And thus is often heard from police officers). If you do it right, then any damnation that follows is false and can be shown to be, so lacks any justification. If you do it wrong, then the damnation that follows is deserved.

It's not quite as black and white as that and you are not looking at the full picture.
Sticking with this case and the views of most of the public the police are damned here due to trial by media.
If, for sake of argument, she was not searched due to there only being one female police officer and she had something concealed which was used later to cause herself harm then the police would be damned for not searching her.
If they did allow that lone female to search her and a fight broke out where either the detainee or officer was harmed the police would be damned again for allowing it to happen.
Ok, if their actions were proven to be the correct ones then there is little to worry about. But they are still damned by the public as most will believe what they want to.
How many times are 'the police' labelled under that heading as ALL being the same? They are ALL damned by some due to the actions of a few.

Thanks for calling me incompetent

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Crowlex Lusciousabi29 stevepm Sxcemma123
abouncer android_man Andy_B big_err clarmike Davebu david1500 dby47 eosfan glamorphotos hodgen kaosrox Kjoservices laurencejpower MAMAMIYA MIB Phiesta1 PhotoSpyroS Puremoods rdp redbaron rtmphoto steveh32 WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
wendyanne