Reminder Secure

Change Of Career

27 July 2013 08:44
cathfazaxxx
Model

I've decided I want to work with my passion of dogs.

I don't want to be a vet but working at a rescue home or dog walker... Along those lines.

Does anyone know how I go about getting into this trade?

Would I need to go back to college and get a qualification with animals?

Cath Faza.
*dont let go of something you cant go a day without thinking of* <3

Andy is off-line
27 July 2013 11:42
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

What about a dog groomer ?
I have three Manky jack russells in need of a bath.
lets get shootin

Peter Roach is off-lineGold Member
28 July 2013 03:18
flashysnapper
Photographer
flashysnapper
Staffordshire
burton on trent

Why not apply to be a puppy walker/trainer for dogs for blind and deaf people.

KHV is off-line
28 July 2013 03:20
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

It's NOT a trade, its more of a passion but rescue centers in your area, local kennels but if you put yourself as a dog walker, you need insurance.

Orson Carter is off-line
28 July 2013 03:49
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

Cath -- The RSPCA have a big rescue centre at Claverton in Bath. I'm sure they will be able to advise.  
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

w4pictures is off-line
28 July 2013 04:17
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Try Friends for Pets.

They pay people to look after dogs for people who don't want to put them into kennels.

HowardJ is off-line
28 July 2013 04:50
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Speak to Bluesapphire. I think she is involved in this area.

Suzy Monty is onlineSilver Member
28 July 2013 05:11
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

I've just organised a Charity Calendar for a rescue animal shelter in my area - myself modelling with 3 other models on Purestorm, as well...Jamie Smith, Steff Benton and Bethy Linde Rowe. Hope to raise lots of money for the shelter with the sales of the calendar. We all modelled for free and the ACE photographer and graphics designer, Viv Taylor, also on Purestorm, gave his professional services free too. The fabulous lady who runs the shelter, works her socks off to help these rescue animals and we just did our little bit to help raise more funds.

What I'm getting at is, you could do the same as a well established model, in your area, perhaps. Raise some money for an animal charity, (rescue dog charities, always need extra funding,) by offering to instigate a calendar with yourself and some of your modelling friends and hopefully get a photographer to help...

Good luck with your change of career anywaycheekyThat's a very rewarding job working with animals...brilliant!
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

28 July 2013 08:49
cathfazaxxx
Model

Quote from orsoncarter
Cath -- The RSPCA have a big rescue centre at Claverton in Bath. I'm sure they will be able to advise.  

Yeah that's where we got my old one and now new one but coz it's such a good dogs home there job vaccanices always get snapped quickly.

28 July 2013 08:56
cathfazaxxx
Model

I'm not sure on what side of working with dogs I want to do... Only thing I don't want is to be a vet I couldn't face dealing with telling the family members they got put their dog down and just having to gone throught hat was worse experience I could ever face

Dog grooming sounds great.

I couldn't be a dog sitter or look after other peoples dogs in my home with a 10 week old and a new family dog in the house wouldn't be fair on any of us.

Working at a dogs home is my ideal job always has been, it's like any job so hard to get into, I know money isn't great but I'd rather see a dog be happy and go to a rewarding home than get paid.

I will look into it all within the next few days

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Jessicaliu1993 natpenelope Natural_happy_girl SuzyMonty
antoinewynn bayford dby47 Don_Dark edwards ImageStyle johnmphoto mlp PhilStorm pvfb scott24 smphotographic stuartnoo Thunder_Photos totalpics TROY4
harbourstudio