29 July 2013 02:25
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Quote from pinkbuildingphotography
Photostore

I have issue with the gender specific way that you have said female. I think that the question is how can anyone work for him or buy his products if they know the history?

I do not know.

However I would not buy his products or work with him, given the history, and more to the point the circumstantial rumours that have appeared regularly since his release, that I have read here and on another site.

However that is my choice.  I am an amatuer, so my income does not rely on photography.

If I was a professional and relied on photography for income and a customer was offering good rates, the rent was due, I am not sure whether I would make the same choice.

I like to think that I would, however I am not sure that I would.

David

I specifically said female as i find it so insideous that any other females, would in any form, be enablers to the continuence of someones existance who does this, 
As for making the hard choice if the rent was due, well that would be easy for me, i'd be winding up and going on the dole ! I'd rather sleep well at night than have the association.

lets get shootin

HowardJ is off-line
29 July 2013 02:46
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from IainT

Because nothing has happened in the past are you saying we should say oh well, if someone has got away with something for 40 years, lets just let him get on with it, because there is obviously nothing can be done.

Its no different from the circumstances you mention other than perhaps in frequency and the fact so many people are aware of the ifdentity of a particular offender.

I think there's quite a few things this individual does that don't comply with the law yet the police don't act. This is one of the many things that's made me lose faith in the legal system in this country. They'll pay £100,000 for speed cameras etc but they won't tackle serious crimes (rapes, burglaries, etc) because they're "difficult" and "time consuming". Can someone explain to me why the police haven't taken any action despite the many reports from models?

David Atkinson is off-lineGold Member
29 July 2013 02:58
donnydave
Photographer
donnydave
South Yorkshire
doncaster

It seems obvious that the lure of easy money far outweighs the risk for a lot of models, it also seems obvious that a lot of the more well known models must have worked for this company knowing full well the history and reputation of this guy. It's almost beyond my belief that after the countless threads about model safety/level pushing the same models who post in those threads then go work for a known rapist.
If the only way to stop models working with this guy is to hit them in the purse then Maybe it's time we as photographers actually assumed some responcability and told these models that we no longer wished to work with them while they are willing to work for this company.

Andy is off-line
29 July 2013 03:01
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

Howard, the problem lies not only with the police but (is it the crown office in England ?) up here it is the procurator fiscals office
Even after the police investigate, when it gets to these departments it very much depends on "can we be guaranteed a conviction ? if not ? then why waste the cash....it all comes down to cost and budgets for all the various departments i'm afraid
speed cameras are a guaranteed cash cow that make money
lets get shootin

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
29 July 2013 03:26
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from HowardJ

I think there's quite a few things this individual does that don't comply with the law yet the police don't act. This is one of the many things that's made me lose faith in the legal system in this country. They'll pay £100,000 for speed cameras etc but they won't tackle serious crimes (rapes, burglaries, etc) because they're "difficult" and "time consuming". Can someone explain to me why the police haven't taken any action despite the many reports from models?

The authorities must take some of the blame for sure, but the circumstances of these assaults make evidence notoriously difficult to collect. For an individual making a complaint it would be almost impossible for the Police to get sufficient evidence to make a case. As I've said repeatedly, the only hope is that victims act together and as it stands there seems to be little combined will to do this, however if this is kept in the public eye, there is far more chance of action being taken than if its just swept asside and put down to being "one of these things"
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Andy is off-line
29 July 2013 03:55
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

Quote from IainT
however if this is kept in the public eye, there is far more chance of action being taken than if its just swept asside and put down to being "one of these things"

If possible i'd like to see this thread held at the top of the listings forever, anytime it drops below mid range i will personally bump it (sorry mods but it's for a good cause)

lets get shootin

Andy is off-line
29 July 2013 03:59
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

I think maybe the title is not getting to the wider audience !many will just ignore "Controversial Subject" maybe it needs RAPE or something equally attention grabbing on the end of it to hit the whole PS membership
lets get shootin

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
29 July 2013 04:10
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from photostore
I think maybe the title is not getting to the wider audience !many will just ignore "Controversial Subject" maybe it needs RAPE or something equally attention grabbing on the end of it to hit the whole PS membership

The title was deliberately subdued. I have to be mindful of legal implications for PS, hence why I've asked people to be carefull about what they post on the thread. Remember at present, anything mentioned appart from the the fact that a particular individual is a convicted sex offender is pure hearsay regardless of whether we or I feel it is true, hence why no individual or company should be mentioned.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Andy is off-line
29 July 2013 04:19
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

Quote from IainT
The title was deliberately subdued. I have to be mindful of legal implications for PS, hence why I've asked people to be carefull about what they post on the thread. Remember at present, anything mentioned appart from the the fact that a particular individual is a convicted sex offender is pure hearsay regardless of whether we or I feel it is true, hence why no individual or company should be mentioned.

I totally understand that Iain, but  maybe even  a "sticky " quote or otherwise in big red writing from the mods would be helpful, anything at all to draw major attention to it, it may well save a model in the future if it makes them really think twice (about anyone they work with) and do their homework

lets get shootin

HowardJ is off-line
29 July 2013 04:34
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Not many people read the forum on this site particularly the models.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa chosin DanielleWxx ElleLaura Michelledefeo1 natalie120525 Sophiadelane
bbphotos bob chriscooze claypaws Dandelion david1500 dorrian Essexjohn frankpht gazzer59 Kjoservices mike0048 sandycamel two_stops
matt