Reminder Secure

Controversial Subject

This thread is being watched by 3 people
This thread is currently locked
27 July 2013 15:21
Aesthetique
Photographer

Well done Iain. I know of one model who had an apalling experience at the hands of this depraved individual. I am sure if there was a Moorov Doctrine case put together, she would volunteer her evidence.

HowardJ is off-line
27 July 2013 15:51
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

As you say his behaviour is well known and many models now shoot for the named company through a female photographer in Essex.

Over the years I've heard many stories of bad experiences with this company but I can't say for sure if they're true. I've heard of models who have gone to the police about the treatment they've received and the police have done nothing. It appears that the fact he shoots adult content means the police think some of what they're told could just be annoyed models and thus they don't take the stories seriously. If it was any other kind of photography similar reports would be resulting in at least a visit from the police. Sadly the police don't seem interested in taking any action.

I've heard of "odd things" happening from at least 3 models.

28 July 2013 03:20
JohnB
Photographer

The whole scenario is very sad. Even I ( a pure, occasional amateur on the fringes) have heard rumours about this company over the years.
Three nights ago I was at the disco Man I was doing the bump I was raring to go!!! Nikon & loving it!

HowardJ is off-line
28 July 2013 03:49
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

It's almost like photography is being used as a cover.

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
28 July 2013 04:22
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from HowardJ
As you say his behaviour is well known and many models now shoot for the named company through a female photographer in Essex.

Over the years I've heard many stories of bad experiences with this company but I can't say for sure if they're true. I've heard of models who have gone to the police about the treatment they've received and the police have done nothing. It appears that the fact he shoots adult content means the police think some of what they're told could just be annoyed models and thus they don't take the stories seriously. If it was any other kind of photography similar reports would be resulting in at least a visit from the police. Sadly the police don't seem interested in taking any action.

I've heard of "odd things" happening from at least 3 models.

I'm not sure where I stand on the role of the lady you mention. I know her she is lovely and any model working with her is entirely safe. There are two views which could be taken.

1. She is supporting a particular business which I would love to see cease trading and in a way condoning particular behaviour within the business.
2. She is providing models with a safe environment in which to shoot for a particular company. The same models may have been tempted by the money and subjected themselves to potential assault if she was not acting on behalf of a particular company.

I tend to lean towards No.2 although it doesn't sit very comfortably.

If you consider the circumstances of assaults within the environment we are talking about you can understand to an extent why the Police are sceptical and apparantly reluctant to act, but you would think if a victim complained about an individual with a particular previous conviction they might be inclined to act. Although it appears not to be the case.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

28 July 2013 05:12
PaulManuell
Photographer

Hello Iain, I've not read all the replies on this thread but will do so when I've got a bit more time. I have, though, read your blog that you provided the link to, and all I can say is the poor girl. The part where you said she broke down on the platform on the way home was particularly heart wrenching. I really hope this incident doesn't affect her for the rest of her life and that those concerned in allowing this to happen and carrying out the rape get everything that's coming to them. And then some.

HowardJ is off-line
28 July 2013 06:50
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from IainT
If you consider the circumstances of assaults within the environment we are talking about you can understand to an extent why the Police are sceptical and apparantly reluctant to act, but you would think if a victim complained about an individual with a particular previous conviction they might be inclined to act. Although it appears not to be the case.

You would, but I heard of one experienced model who did go to police after a shoot with the named individual and she was sent away. Maybe the police expect it to be normal behaviour for adult shoots? The truth is it's very much the exception. The majority of adult shoots are very professional.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe some of the stories I've heard, but they've usually involved newbie models doing their first shoots and didn't know what to expect. Someone tries something on and the model seems so shocked or unsure of herself that things like the scenario you've described happen.

Andy is off-line
28 July 2013 07:02
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

I find it hard to believe a female photographer or any female knowing his background would support his business in any form what so ever ! including models.

I guess like everything else where money is involved, morals along with ones own or others safety go out the window

To Models that have worked with him ! I ask, Why Why Why ?
lets get shootin

Razoir is off-line
28 July 2013 07:05
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote from IainT
You are correct in the first line Thank you for your support, but I suspect your £100 is safe.

I suspect mine is as well but it is there if you need it.

Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
28 July 2013 07:33
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from photostore
I find it hard to believe a female photographer or any female knowing his background would support his business in any form what so ever ! including models.

I guess like everything else where money is involved, morals along with ones own or others safety go out the window

To Models that have worked with him ! I ask, Why Why Why ?

To be fair, many people in the industry, knowing an individuals background continue to support them. There are models who have been assaulted on the first occassion by a particular notorious individual and have gone back several times after and have taken his money in the knowledge that because they had gained experience and ascertiveness they were safe.

And bare in mind 40 years is a long time in the business and an individual may build up as much good will as bad will in that time. Unfortunately, sometimes things are far from straightforward or black and white and certain models own actions jeprodise the chances of a conviction in other cases where its richly deserved.

The Lady photographer in question may, reasonably, take the view that by working extensivelly for a known offender, she is keeping vulnerable models away from a particular individual, and it would be difficult to argue with her on that view as its been proved time and time again over a 40 year period that a particular offender always finds ingenious ways of finding models and keeping his very profitable million pound plus business alive.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bustybrooke9 Kitty_1 kkoch NikkiLouise93 VictoriaClaire
arterotica cliffc dave@studio99 focus Hazy james65 James8700 johanburan Jpdo kai_kul kingfisher mike0048 mlp psn redbaron Steveh32 Swyftie