Reminder Secure

Controversial Subject

This thread is being watched by 3 people
This thread is currently locked
19 August 2013 08:47
Lexi_Lowe
Model

I shot for this company with a female photographer who shoots for them late last year. During our shoot she sent pics over to him and he asked to book me on a 2nd shoot with him. I had heard stories about him, so as our shoot was going well and being a woman I assumed I would be safe asking her advice. I asked her to tell me honestly if it was safe for me to shoot with him and she told me the stories were made up and I had absolutely nothing to worry about... So I booked the shoot.

Afterwards I had a bad feeling about it so I checked with a few models who all warned me about him, so naturally I didn't go. I didn't cancel as I didn't want to speak to him and didn't care about what he thought of me, and as the shoot wasn't with the female photographer I didn't contact her either. But when I didn't show up to the shoot she changed my earlier glowing reference she had left me to a negative one ( which i had removed) and sent me abusive emails about what a silly girl I was etc... I have no idea why she would have taken it so personally if she wasn't getting some sort of commission for sending girls to him?!

I also know other models who have had similar experiences with this female photographer, who after having a perfectly normal shoot with her later became subject to negative references and abuse as a result of not turning up to a shoot with the male photographer after being warned about him by other models.So it becomes apparent that the female photographer does not simply just shoot for the website: she actively recruits girls to send to him, advises them they have nothing to worry about even when questioned about his character and later collects a commission or 'finders fee' when they arrive.

19 August 2013 09:05
laurenlangley
Model

yes, Lexi, I agree, I have had several models write to me to try to get me to shoot with the guy again, they get a fee for sending girls.disgusting.x
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your Internet-assembled philosophy

19 August 2013 09:14
laurenlangley
Model

Quote from laylarc
Just wanted to say - I am so impressed with how models are talking to each other, checking references & even posting personal experiences publically. That is how I heard about this person & his antics. I have shared the warnings with other models. I'm also impressed with how *some* photographers are completely supportive of this network, which helps us avoid major and minor sexual predators. And a little disturbed at those that freak out & moan about it, like we're a bunch of evil witches cooking up stories for our own amusement. Taking responsibility for own & others safety & reputation is a good thing, and it's long overdue. This guy is an extreme example, and I am glad that it is being discussed in a relatively public way.

+1

I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your Internet-assembled philosophy

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
24 August 2013 16:00
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Just an update.

I,ve been discussing a certain company and individual with West Yorkshire Police. Whilst they have not been as helpful so far as I might have wanted, it does look like in due course I may be able to post details of a particular point of contact in the CID where information or reports may be directed.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Andy is off-line
24 August 2013 17:07
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Quote from Lexi_Lowe
I shot for this company with a female photographer who shoots for them late last year. During our shoot she sent pics over to him and he asked to book me on a 2nd shoot with him. I had heard stories about him, so as our shoot was going well and being a woman I assumed I would be safe asking her advice. I asked her to tell me honestly if it was safe for me to shoot with him and she told me the stories were made up and I had absolutely nothing to worry about... So I booked the shoot. Afterwards I had a bad feeling about it so I checked with a few models who all warned me about him, so naturally I didn't go. I didn't cancel as I didn't want to speak to him and didn't care about what he thought of me, and as the shoot wasn't with the female photographer I didn't contact her either. But when I didn't show up to the shoot she changed my earlier glowing reference she had left me to a negative one ( which i had removed) and sent me abusive emails about what a silly girl I was etc... I have no idea why she would have taken it so personally if she wasn't getting some sort of commission for sending girls to him?! I also know other models who have had similar experiences with this female photographer, who after having a perfectly normal shoot with her later became subject to negative references and abuse as a result of not turning up to a shoot with the male photographer after being warned about him by other models.So it becomes apparent that the female photographer does not simply just shoot for the website: she actively recruits girls to send to him, advises them they have nothing to worry about even when questioned about his character and later collects a commission or 'finders fee' when they arrive.

If this female photographer is on here and is using purestorm to gain access for models for him, then surely she should be banned from here under the  terms
lets get shootin

Rebekka Raynor is off-line
24 August 2013 17:42
RebekkaRaynor
Model
RebekkaRaynor
London

Jesus H - glad I did not manage to shoot with him years ago!

I experienced another photographer who was known to behave exactly like this, from Chatham. After I left him bad feedback, other models contacted me privately to say their awful experiences with him. He is lucky he did not physically touch me, because I am the sort of person who would have floored him. He then deleted his profile and created another one and despite me bringing it to the attention of mods, nothing was done.

Like in this particular situation, had anyone else bothered to notify other models, spread the word or left bad feedback, then that would have saved lots of other ladies from an uncomfortable day. The fact that ladies go back to these pests time and time again is somewhat of an encouragement (though in no way am I suggesting that they are 'asking for it').

HowardJ is off-line
24 August 2013 18:10
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

People have tried to tell me that the stories are made up, but when I hear similar stories from models I trust, I have to believe what I'm hearing.

I've also heard stories about the photographer in Chatham and people end up laughing off his behaviour and shoot with him again. I believe he's been doing it for many many many years.

I've also heard stories about a glamour photographer in London who offers "extra" fees mostly to new glamour models again from a number of trustworthy sources.

25 August 2013 08:48
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Quote from Lexi_Lowe
I shot for this company with a female photographer who shoots for them late last year. During our shoot she sent pics over to him and he asked to book me on a 2nd shoot with him. I had heard stories about him, so as our shoot was going well and being a woman I assumed I would be safe asking her advice. I asked her to tell me honestly if it was safe for me to shoot with him and she told me the stories were made up and I had absolutely nothing to worry about... So I booked the shoot. Afterwards I had a bad feeling about it so I checked with a few models who all warned me about him, so naturally I didn't go. I didn't cancel as I didn't want to speak to him and didn't care about what he thought of me, and as the shoot wasn't with the female photographer I didn't contact her either. But when I didn't show up to the shoot she changed my earlier glowing reference she had left me to a negative one ( which i had removed) and sent me abusive emails about what a silly girl I was etc... I have no idea why she would have taken it so personally if she wasn't getting some sort of commission for sending girls to him?! I also know other models who have had similar experiences with this female photographer, who after having a perfectly normal shoot with her later became subject to negative references and abuse as a result of not turning up to a shoot with the male photographer after being warned about him by other models.So it becomes apparent that the female photographer does not simply just shoot for the website: she actively recruits girls to send to him, advises them they have nothing to worry about even when questioned about his character and later collects a commission or 'finders fee' when they arrive.

If you read my last post... The female photographer you are speaking about, is also the same photographer I posted about, and when I questioned who do they shoot for, they avoided the question and answered it, by claiming she didn't know what I wanted to know, and that I was strange. so I can back you up on this one, very odd behavour from a "working professional".

Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
27 August 2013 10:55
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

I have had fairly lengthy discussions with the Detective Sergeant managing the safeguarding and public protection unit in Halifax. They are duty bound and absolutely will take a statement from any individual who makes an allegation of a sexual offence committed in any circumstances and will investigate that offence. The more victims who make an official complaint about any particular individual, the more chance there is of a court case and a possible conviction.

However, it would be remiss of me not to mention that any witness is going to have to endure harsh and extensive cross examination should it go to court.

Also, in the opinion of the DS, looking at circumstances from a nuetral position, only the original account of an assault published on my blog would be likely to pass their evidence test and be referred to the CPS, the circumstances of the two addendum accounts are such that in the opinion of the DS its unlikely any proceedings would be taken.

So there is no point in saying this will be clean cut or easy, and it will need a strong and common will amongst models to make anything happen.

The bottom line is that Purstorm have done all they can, they have given me a forum and a lot of leeway to highlight this and I have gone as far as I can by contacting the relevant Police Department and establishing awareness and a point of contact. It really is now up to the victims to do the rest.

I have an email address for victims to use as a point of contact, anyone who wants this, please feel free to PM me.

Lastly, yes the Police are well aware of a particular individual in Halifax and were responsible for managing him whilst he was on the sex offenders register, however this individual is no longer on the registar and the Police have no right to target or harass him on the basis of hearesay or third party accounts, they can only act on the basis of complaints received directly from victims, and only then when there is evidence of wrongdoing.

Any amount of threads or blogs is not evidence, I cannot emphasise this enough.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Paul Hodson is off-line
27 August 2013 12:44
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Good for you for doing your best anyway.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Hann kacie Michelledefeo1 pinklilly RoxyMendez
ad360photo bbphotos belmez2000 bradder Brian2008 david1500 DJ200 donaldmac dorrian dougharding Essexjohn geoffmarchant GGDP_Photography HarishPadalia jayfish JohnDentonPhoto Ladiesman markeos50d nickdandalos orca_photography rcbb stevegosh templeimaging TheChrisS Thunder_Photos
Jonesy2107
matt