This thread is currently locked
Andy is off-line
01 August 2013 08:30
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Does anyone know if the police are aware of this thread yet ?
lets get shootin

03 August 2013 05:25
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Wow, can’t believe I missed this thread, Iain, indeed, a number of things you brought up that I completely agree with, even when I started out in this game I had a firm set of ethics and have brought these up in the past, to have no one listen.

I think you have to remember that their and good and bad people in this world, in everything we do. Warning people about the bad people, is fine, if it is justified (which means evidence to back it up). If there is no evidence and people are scared to speak out, then nothing can or gets done and bad thing will continue to happen.

I have been shooting coming up for 10 years now, and in that time, the stories I heard about agents, photographers and models have all been… interesting, much in the way of a soap opera.

Filtering out the good from the bad can be simple, as long as you know who is who. I have always thought that an on-line forum when the peers of the industry pick who is allowed access on the credit of their reputation and proof of their work was the best idea, allowing all to then all openly talk about such things, without the threat of legal action.

Fact is most people can’t afford legal action anyway, and it a bluff most of time.

It is true that there is no smoke without fire, but it depend of lit the fire, if it was started be someone who has done something wrong or by some vindictive wanting to make life hard for another.

Apart from everyone being tarred with the same brush by the media or those outside the industry (after all, we not all perverts and slappers) on of the most annoying things for me, is the frustration of getting by all this crap, and getting real paid work done and produced.
Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

TheStudioMK is off-line
03 August 2013 06:10
TheStudioMK
Photographer
TheStudioMK
Buckinghamshire
Milton Keynes

Alas this as gone on forever (not to say that makes it right) And it's most definitely not only the adult industry where it exists... I remember a certain well known Fashion Photographer saying he'd slept with 10,000 models... now I am sure this wasn't down to his dazzling good looks or bubbly personality... The casting couch mentality, the association that you scratch my back I'll scratch yours definitely is out there...

There are then the more horrific stories... I read the one where the model said the photographer cum on her boobs, surely this is sexual assault and should of been reported to the police ? To me a photographer that would do this will just get worse, and the next model could experience something far worse...

03 August 2013 07:59
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Quote from TheStudioMKI remember a certain well known Fashion Photographer saying he'd slept with 10,000 models... n

I doubt that claim can be true, even if he allowed 1 a day, that would take him over 27 years, to achive 

The story linked  to Iain's post, and I am sure someone already told me about, but I thought that the the person in question had already done some bird for the same charges before, is this right?  

Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

TheStudioMK is off-line
03 August 2013 08:11
TheStudioMK
Photographer
TheStudioMK
Buckinghamshire
Milton Keynes

Hmmmm maybe it was a 1000 then... cause your right, even if he was in the industry 40 years it would be 250 a year !!!

TheStudioMK is off-line
03 August 2013 08:17
TheStudioMK
Photographer
TheStudioMK
Buckinghamshire
Milton Keynes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2251943/David-Bailey-Yes-I-slept-lot-women-choice--wasnt-rape.html
Interesting...

Peter Roach is off-lineGold Member
03 August 2013 08:32
flashysnapper
Photographer
flashysnapper
Staffordshire
burton on trent

Please do not go muddying the waters of this thread, It is too serious a subject to be diverted.
the fashion photographer and his sexual exploits are nothing to do with Iain's thread
And nowhere in the article does he say  they were models.

TheStudioMK is off-line
03 August 2013 08:52
TheStudioMK
Photographer
TheStudioMK
Buckinghamshire
Milton Keynes

Sigh... GENIUS !

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
03 August 2013 09:10
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from TheStudioMK
There are then the more horrific stories... I read the one where the model said the photographer cum on her boobs, surely this is sexual assault and should of been reported to the police ? To me a photographer that would do this will just get worse, and the next model could experience something far worse...

Well obviously its a sexual assault and a serious one at that, but if you read her full account she explains why she did not go to the Police.

The following paragraph is not directed at you in particular, its just a general comment.

One of the commonest themes is "Well why didn't she go to the Police", "She should have gone to the Police", "Why didn't she resist", "Why did she let him do it" etc..etc...blah, blah, blah.

If you have not been the victim of a sexual assault, you simply do not have the right to criticise or give retrospective advice to those who have been victims, as you cannot put yourself accurately in their position or make any valid claims regarding what you would do yourself if placed in a similar situation.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Peter Roach is off-lineGold Member
03 August 2013 09:17
flashysnapper
Photographer
flashysnapper
Staffordshire
burton on trent

Quote from TheStudioMK
Sigh... GENIUS !

No not a genius or a sarcastic a*** just some one who thinks this thread is too important to be taken even slightly of original OP's topic

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
mike_h