Lost any pictures?

Mike B is off-line
26 July 2013 10:25
mickyb
Photographer

North Yorkshire
York

It's confession time now.
A few weeks ago I did a tfcd shoot with 2 models. When I got home after the shoot I put the memory card 'somewhere safe' because somebody else was using the laptop. Unfortunately, to this day, I can't find said card and therefore can't view the images taken nor can I edit any.
This is the first time in 5 years and over 200 shoots that I have lost the pictures.
Fortunately for the models (and me) they have copies because they uploaded my card before departing, at least they got the pictures, thank God!

Has anybody else done something similar, it's time to fess up.

Fotoshack is off-line
26 July 2013 12:10
onthecouch
Photographer

Hampshire
Reading

I have formatted a few cards without downloading the shots.......

Worse one, took some photos at a wedding, not official ones, I still have a contact sheet but cannot find any of the photos at all on any computer, disk or card................ thankfully I gave them a copy of the dvd befor all went astray.

I went to a 2 hour shoot with only one 1 GB card......

Mansell is off-line
26 July 2013 13:10
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Had an SD card snap in half when I inserted it in a card reader to load the images into my laptop for the model to see after we got back from a location shoot.
Extremely embarrassing and frustrating.
The digital camera is a great invention because it allows us to reminisce. Instantly.

Robert Hardy is off-line
26 July 2013 14:53
Lensmaster
Studio

Lincolnshire
Grimsby

I shot some Kodacrome 25 took it out, moved some lights then put the same roll back in AH.
Rob.

26 July 2013 15:21
Socialdisaster
Photographer

you give models images right out of your camera?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Suzy Monty is off-line
26 July 2013 15:34
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Did a really good shoot with a super photographer - a location shoot in sunshine and in an area of outstanding natural beauty, on lovely beach...then later, as we sat sipping tea on nearby hotel patio, he inadvertantly put ONE memory card on tea tray - the waiter took tray away after we left...oops!

We went onto the next location - then photographer suddenly remembered he hadn't picked up the first memory card - it wasn't in his camera bag - mislaid. Panic...we drove back to hotel at speed...

But the card couldn't be found, never to be seen again, even though the hotel staff searched through the kitchen waste...but at least the second memory card was safe and full of good images...but such a shame, as we'd worked really hard that day, on whole shoot.
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Imagineers is off-line
26 July 2013 16:35
Imagineers
Photographer
Imagineers
Hampshire
Southampton

Not yet. Crosses fingers and every other dual appendage

Roger Vaughan is off-line
27 July 2013 04:52
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

I'm always putting things in a safe place and when finding them many years later I'm left wondering what had possessed me to leave them there in the first place.
Roger Vaughan

Suzy Monty is off-line
27 July 2013 13:33
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from BigEarsPix
I'm always putting things in a safe place and when finding them many years later I'm left wondering what had possessed me to leave them there in the first place.

I bought a new Memory Stick the other day - now I can't remember where I put it

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

somph is off-line
27 July 2013 16:16
somph
Photographer

Norfolk
Norwich

Did a topless photo shoot in a location that is no longer available, and the model is no longer in the industry. Got a new hard drive and set up the backups incorrectly. Ultimately, I lost all of the images bar two (JPEG's) when I deleted them off my laptop and they disappeared off the hard drive as well. While the disaster was unfolding, the CF card with the images on it was being formatted in the camera, as I thought I had two copies...

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 Donna654321 Gothic_Kitty RoxyMendez Vellocet
ad360photo bamfordphotography Beemer2009 copperbronze eclipsephoto GGDP_Photography HarishPadalia Kjoservices Ladiesman pandaface RichardJohnPhotograp rossiter Scotography skymouse tms tommynicoll zzdigital
Discretion