Photographer's Age

Rupert Rudd is off-line
27 July 2013 08:53
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

I'm 74 but only a beginner. So am middle 20s in photo terms.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Paul Riddell is off-line
05 August 2013 12:12
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

Quote from JamieCraigPhoto
I'm 21. I'm a professional photographer, I make a good income yet my age seems to make me seem less professional? Some think I'm just a student, others think I can't be any good, other's think I may just be a GWC.I/qt]

It is a predjustice, but I'm sure you'll agree that if you are a genuine professional photographer and genuinely turn out commercial grade work and genuinely know what you are doing and proprely understand the fundamental basics of photography -  you are definitely in the miniority.

www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

05 August 2013 12:15
Lisaliz
Model

The photographer's age is irrelevant.

Suzy Monty is off-line
05 August 2013 12:34
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from Lisaliz
The photographer's age is irrelevant.

cheekyTotally agree.
I've just done a brilliant shoot with a 19 year old, young lady photographer - we got on like a house on fire and the images were stunning...she's been doing photography since 14, studied at college and can edit like a professional. She wants to make photography her career. Age has nothing to do it...it's ability and knowing one's camera lens.

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Andrew Burton is off-line
07 August 2013 08:55
LEGENDACB
Photographer
LEGENDACB
East Yorkshire
Hull

To be honest ive had this in the past im 23 now but went pro when i was 20

Ive had models surprised at my age when they've first met me and the odd photographer give the odd random somewhat jealous comment and some agencies or when you try collaborations etc may be abit skeptical but i find it fun haha and creates great banter and conversations with models haha

never let age be a factor and enjoy your work and let your photos do the talking i always say
The quality of photography isnt how many images you take but rather how many times an image can take your breath away!

07 August 2013 09:39
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from LEGENDACB
To be honest ive had this in the past im 23 now but went pro when i was 20

Ive had models surprised at my age when they've first met me and the odd photographer give the odd random somewhat jealous comment and some agencies or when you try collaborations etc may be abit skeptical but i find it fun haha and creates great banter and conversations with models haha

never let age be a factor and enjoy your work and let your photos do the talking i always say

if age isn't a factor, why do you think you have better banter and conversations with models?

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Andrew Burton is off-line
07 August 2013 11:00
LEGENDACB
Photographer
LEGENDACB
East Yorkshire
Hull

i never said i had better banter? however models have always said its an interesting topic of discussion haha

age should deffo never be a factor whether old or young or inbetween just enjoy ur photography :-)
The quality of photography isnt how many images you take but rather how many times an image can take your breath away!

Ariana Wood is off-line
07 August 2013 15:00
ArianaWood
Model

Kent
Maidstone

Some of the best photographers I know are very young (19 and 23 respectively). I also remember fondly watching Lara Jade's career progress; her photo's were incredible even at the tender age of 14. Of course everything art related is subjective, but I really believe that is the attention to detail, the balance of light, the composition and the content that makes a great photographer, rather than technical skill (although if you have both, then y'know, that's even better). I never look at a photographer's age, I look only at their photographs and references when making a decision about working with them.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Davenport julia1984 kelliebbw
ad360photo davejarvis FlashHarry100 garryh4s GGDP_Photography GlasgowPhotographer guitarman ImageStyle Ladiesman mike0048 rscott360 skymouse STUDIOMERLIN TinDolls vipimages WellandPhoto Willjamieson xcellent
barlowstudios