canoncan
Photographer
canoncan
Essex
ongar

before i say whats on my mind , i have never moaned on here ,
sometimes your lucky with your casting calls, 
sometimes not .
i do have from time time very good contacts that offer me great locations or unique ideas , so here goes the tough bit
i have cast this idea a couple of times  with a small response  a lot smaller than i usually get , but here s the rub , 
there are so many models on here that say they would jump at the chance for creative , unusual , innovative ideas .
Well no they dont 
i put a huge amount of effort into my shoots , research , time ,commitment let alone  financial and as well family time  put aside 

and before there s the addage of pay the models ,

i offer to dress there hair for them ( i am by profession a hairdresser ) , food , bevarages and sometime s travel 

but i look at some portfolio s  and i think why should i.

so please i cant be the only one that thinks like this , i would like to hear from models what they think of my portfolio and why they would or would nt answer my castings
please

thanks
rant over.

24 July 2013 16:50
JadedRed
Model

Quote from canoncan
so please i cant be the only one that thinks like this , i would like to hear from models what they think of my portfolio and why they would or would nt answer my castings
please

No money, no worky.

That has nothing to do with your portfolio.

GCImages is online
24 July 2013 17:15
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

What you would bring to the shoot is not as obvious on your portfolio as it could be....if you are offering to dress their hair, lets see what will attract them to work with you.....

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
25 July 2013 03:30
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote from JadedRed
No money, no worky.

That has nothing to do with your portfolio.

No worky, - NO MONEY!

25 July 2013 08:26
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from canoncan

i would like to hear from models what they think of my portfolio and why they would or would nt answer my castings
please

thanks
rant over.

Obviously I'm not a model, but I think what must be the off putting part for them on your profile is the line that YOUR rates are good. Not that there's anything wrong with a photographer charging for his/her services, but I get the impression most models want to BE paid, not pay out. And the fact is, models are spoilt for choice on here with photographers willing to pay reasonable rates for them, so there's really not much need for a model to pay a photographer, even with all the extras you provide such as hair, makeup and catering.

Jaye  is off-line
25 July 2013 10:16
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

Maybe it's just me being pernickety but if you type your castings or contact messages the same way your forum post has been posted I'd be a bit put off.

Some photographers often moan about models using "text speak" and your spelling, lack of capital letters and excessive spaces would put me off but then that is just me!
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

25 July 2013 10:46
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from jessicard
Maybe it's just me being pernickety but if you type your castings or contact messages the same way your forum post has been posted I'd be a bit put off.

------------------
SUNDAY 28th july open air roof shoot bethnal green
hi all i am looking for a model that would like those really interesting creative pictures for there portfolio

this is a great location , really unique. It is in a pre re-furbished pub in london.

the shoot is in the open air with the roof off , the room is huge and the views over london will make great shots

time frame will be 10.30 till 2-30 ish , fashion , lingerie and portrait

please get in touch it will be great !

i can send images of the location for you.

rich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do agree, it's just lazy.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

25 July 2013 10:49
JadedRed
Model

Quote from PaulManuell
Obviously I'm not a model, but I think what must be the off putting part for them on your profile is the line that YOUR rates are good. Not that there's anything wrong with a photographer charging for his/her services, but I get the impression most models want to BE paid, not pay out. And the fact is, models are spoilt for choice on here with photographers willing to pay reasonable rates for them, so there's really not much need for a model to pay a photographer, even with all the extras you provide such as hair, makeup and catering.

That doesn't bother me personally. But the lack of attention to detail in the writing as mentioned by others does a bit.

Edit: What does pre re-furbished even mean?

Sacredo is off-line
25 July 2013 11:09
Sacredo
Photographer
Sacredo
Surrey

Quote from JadedRed

Edit: What does pre re-furbished even mean?

Maybe it's being torn down before being rebuilt ...
Photographer

25 July 2013 13:54
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from JadedRedWhat does pre re-furbished even mean?

Maybe he couldn't spell derelict

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Czechbeauty ElleLaura fionafelony jessicaxroyal kkoch Michelledefeo1 xamberx
DecimalDan fashionphotography frank4 GlasgowPhotographer GSC4X mike0048 mlp Photojames43 stevegosh