A wee bit of good news

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
24 July 2013 13:28
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

The young lady in my main image signed an exclusive deal with a top agency on Monday morning.  

I approached her and her Mother last month in the street,  passed on my card and left. 

A week later her Mother contact me, we organised a shoot  and had an outdoor shoot with great results. 

She's almost 16, and had no previous experience, but showed maturity and natural ability on the shoot.

It seems there is some good news around smiley
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

24 July 2013 13:43
twentytwenty
Photographer

Every now and then something outstanding happens, and I think this is just awesome,

Gerry, you obviously influenced her to take the big step. Knowing the high end agency she has been signed with, its an amazing feat in such a short period of time, You met her at the right age as well. I Have to take my hat off to you, well done Sir

Mind thats the TFP market stuffed

Rich G is off-line
24 July 2013 13:53
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

Thought at first you meant the sheep Gerry!!

Well done mate - if I'd have approached her I'd have just got a slap off the mum!!
HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
25 July 2013 13:33
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from twentytwenty
Every now and then something outstanding happens, and I think this is just awesome, Gerry, you obviously influenced her to take the big step. Knowing the high end agency she has been signed with, its an amazing feat in such a short period of time, You met her at the right age as well. I Have to take my hat off to you, well done Sir Mind thats the TFP market stuffed

It's something she had been thinking about, she just didn't know how to get a shoot, etc.....  

TFP market?   there's plenty out there, you just have to filter out the timewasters

Quote from SMILESPHOTO
Thought at first you meant the sheep Gerry!! Well done mate - if I'd have approached her I'd have just got a slap off the mum!! 

Rich, the trick is to pass on a card with your details and just let them make contact.  

The sheep's mother has never called me, neither has the farmer though 

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Gerry is off-line
25 July 2013 14:46
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

It looks like she fell into the right hands Gerry with you also which is good to see. The standard model advice on portfolio sites would have suggested she needs to do months of TFP's and possibly pay a couple of great photographers, which would have been wrong in this case.
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Harvey Gordon is off-line
25 July 2013 15:02
ziggypot
Photographer
ziggypot
London

Quote from SMILESPHOTO
Thought at first you meant the sheep Gerry!! Well done mate - if I'd have approached her I'd have just got a slap off the mum!!

What was her mum like hehe!

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
emmac89 Winterlilly
cliffc digitalphotos GlasgowPhotographer jamesboswell kai_kul mikehemmings PhotoSpyroS photostevo rscott360 skymouse soulc Steveh32 ttstinger TWO50 vapourtrail viewphotographic Willjamieson