Reminder Secure

Wardrobe malfunction

16 July 2013 03:25
russells
Photographer

I recently had a very successful shoot with a model from this site, it was an outdoor location and we experimented with a few "mutual" ideas, the "level" as we like to call it was lingerie, the model brought her own outfits and dressed herself.

I processed the images and sent a few over to the young lady, she came back asking that i discard the image as it suggested she had nipples! I am quite happy to do this!

My question for discussion here is, what is the protocol or legalities if a photographer had paid (or otherwise), release signed, and then on processing found a wardrobe malfunction that exposed parts of the model that exeeded the "type" of shoot.

Russell

Gary Newton is off-line
16 July 2013 03:43
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Essex

I had a shoot where a model had a no nipple showing agreement with me, she was wearing a dress that would normally require a lot of titty tape however she wasn't so I had to shout nipple alert now and then but a few did escape my notice until processing. Simples, I had a look to see if they was unusual in anyway then deleted them.
If your a nice guy you delete them as agreed, if your not then you ignore her. As for legalities I am sure there is a expert on here however from my simple lay view if you have breached a written agreement she has a claim against you!

Orson Carter is off-line
16 July 2013 04:11
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

Quote from oceanova
... If your a nice guy you delete them as agreed, if your not then you ignore her....

+1  

And I'll add... If you want to work with her again, delete them as agreed. If not...  

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

16 July 2013 04:15
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Fantastic use of "quotes"
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Kevin White is off-lineSilver Member
16 July 2013 04:46
MightyWhite
Photographer
MightyWhite
Berkshire
Ascot

Dare I mention "Photoshop"?

If it's a shot you are really keen on it is generally not too difficult to move a garment a little to cover the offending item, rather than discard the photo. Keeps both parties happy.

Darren Brade is off-line
16 July 2013 11:53
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
London
London

As mentioned above. Photoshop, learn to use it.

it happens all the time, what is the point of agreeing to levels if you're not going to honour them? If you want to shoot nudes, use a nude model.

If you cant retouch them out then discard the picture, you have more to choose from.
www.darrenbrade.com

Gary Newton is off-line
16 July 2013 12:19
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Essex

I expect it's just me, if I was browsing the shoot I had done, it wouldn't enter my mind to photoshop a nipple escape; I would just discard as it did not meet the agreed brief. my fault for not noticing. I feel I'm semi confident in my use of photoshop and happily be able to cover the offending nipple just that I wouldn't think about it.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jodief Kimmikitsch Lushlolly pinklilly Teela
63jian abouncer Andyphotography cgwebster davejarvis dhuntuk djb1 dorrian Essexjohn freddie gerryquiff humphries JohnDentonPhoto Mac magpie1 mikebee paul167 pcmphotography RCBB rscott360 RupertRudd shadowtime74 stevegosh steveh32 thelook vapourtrail Visions11 Willjamieson