Reminder Secure

Sciatica...it's a right pain in the a*** !

This thread is being watched by 1 person
tomhl is off-line
16 July 2013 12:25
tomhl
Photographer
tomhl
Ayrshire
Dumfries,Ayr,Carlisle,Glasgow,Manchester

I damaged my back in my early 20s playing football. For years I was in unbelieable pain with sciatica and back ache and tried everything - massage, hydrotherapy, acupuncture , physiotherapy, pain killers ...
Then I got told by a friend about an Osteopath who could sort it out. I always thought it was some hippy nonsense, but ten sessions with her and I am now 10 years without any aches or pain.
I don't know what magic an Osteopath does but it was the best £250 i've ever spent.
My imagination wants to see the vivid colours of reality .

16 July 2013 13:12
paule
Photographer

Find yourself a local SMA qualified practitioner ..not a skin polisher, someone who knows anatomy to a decent level... SMA website 

I knew a lass who'd been doped up to the eyeballs by her doc for 6 months, visited a Premier League physio all to no avail... she'd had kids and reckoned this, constant, pain was as bad as she'd know.. one session with a qualified SMA therapist and she was fixed.. maybe an extreme case, but it's not as 'alternate therapy' as some AT's

May not work for you but much better option than going under the knife.. and will probably be only £25-35..

Chris Corbin is off-line
16 July 2013 14:51
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
Hampshire
New Milton

Yep me too, pain in the but cheek ( piriformis ) constant cramp in the calf & some bugger throwing darts at the bottom of my foot ( well, feels like it ) I'm on Amitriptylin but i'm not sure it does much but i don't fancy coming off it to check in case it is doing something. I've had the spin injections, first one worked a treat for about 6 weeks but 2 more injections after that did nothing. As a gardener i'm walking about 20 miles a day when mowing & that is when it hurts the least. Good luck with it, hope you find something to help.
There is a chance that everything I just said is complete bollocks

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
16 July 2013 17:45
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Mine started when I was pushing a barrow with a sack of cement in it, barrow tipped and I tried to stop it, breath taking pain , 20+ years on I still get recurrences, trigger can be almost anything, most embarrassing, arising from toilet, at work, managed to get trousers on and spent the rest of the day walking, slowly, like Groucho Marx.
What I've found to accelerate the return to normal is careful stretching exercises, which can hurt, but do work, for me. Lying on back pulling alternate knees as far as possible to the chest. Fencers 'lunges' each leg in turn.

Andy is off-line
16 July 2013 18:44
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Thanks for the support guys, unfortunately i have tried everything possible from physio to some alternate woman who im sure was trying to draw demons out of me, stamping her foot while lifting her hand OFF me quickly, then funny as it sounds now, squashing my nose, then my toes and i was in there for back issues ???
my insurance through work sees me fortunately getting the best care and experts in the UK,so i have tried everything
Thomhl, i see your Ayrshire way ! it wasnt at Jan de friese (spelling ?) clinic was it ?
i'd appreciate the detail, willing to do anything and pay anything at this stage of the game if it saves going under the knife,
The doc offered to sign me off and get me onto opiods like i had after my op but thats not living in any sense of the word, my wife says it was the best time in her life though (laughingly... i think)
it went like this, sleep, i wake up, fed me, watered me,off to toilet, exercises,more happy pills, sleep, wake, feed..... 9 and a half weeks of that
lets get shootin

Garth is off-line
17 July 2013 04:33
garth01
Photographer
garth01
Cheshire
chester

I know how you feel, suffered my first attack last year and never knew pain like it. I eventually recovered but left leg has a mind of its own at times, toes and calf can cramp at any given moment. This year my body decided to send me a reminder by waking me in the middle of the night with a trapped nerve in the neck, both my arms affected and its been another slow recovery. Just had an MRI scan so awaiting the results. I wouldn't wish it on any one but its sort of comforting to know I'm not alone.
Hope you recover soon.
www.garethhickey.co.uk

Andy is off-line
19 July 2013 02:55
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Well, thanks to the wonders of liquid morphine i managed to get to my scan yesterday and i am now on slow release morphine, with the addition of liquid when i really need it.
You know something, i am actually against taking any kind of pills and potions in general, but this last week i'd take anything offered and all at once too, hopefully it gets sorted soon or alleviates very quickly otherwise i'm looking forward to a strategic removal of the morphine ( i know nothing about drugs so dont know how long it takes to get hooked for want of a better term)

Not even 50 yrs old yet (close though)and wondering whats next ?
lets get shootin

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs chandni23 chloejade25 Lilly_69 Natalie120525 poppylapilule zavego
ad360photo Blancho cwillyshootit djb1 ellessephotography gordon Kjoservices liteangle mlp modelboutique peteb redmedia rod_m99 Rtnphotography scottmcccxiv Steveh32 thelook
harbourstudio