Reminder Secure

Sciatica...it's a right pain in the a*** !

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Andy is off-line
15 July 2013 17:26
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Literally !
and thigh
and calf
and foot 

lets get shootin

Kevin Waller is off-line
15 July 2013 17:34
Bigfish3311
Photographer
Bigfish3311
Hampshire
Farnborough

I feel your pain. Backs been bad for 3 weeks. I needed an "assistant" for the bending and lifting on my last shoot
You can't be late until you show up

Orson Carter is off-line
15 July 2013 17:44
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Somerset
near Frome

Quote from photostore
Literally !
and thigh
and calf
and foot 

Very sorry to hear it. You have my sympathy.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

alexkidd is off-line
15 July 2013 17:53
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Yup.

Healthy dosages of strong cocodamols help me through mine, intermittently however

(the stupidity of it is my gfs sisters other half is a hull city football club physio and my cousin is final year chiaropractor) must must must get it sorted
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
15 July 2013 20:01
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

When I damaged my sciatic nerve at work a few years back I suffered for a month before being refered to a chiropractor through my health insurance.
Within 3 minutes lying on her massage table I was cured and have had no pain from it since.

Hope you get something sorted soon

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

KevinJS is off-lineGold Member
16 July 2013 03:20
KevinJS
Photographer

London
London

Hi,
I have had it for several years and tried almost everything. When it first came on in 2004 it was after bending / heavy lifting and after the initial shock the pain took three weeks to go away, the doctor prescribed diacofinetic which had limited success though he felt it was osteo arthritis, which I also suffer from.
          Since then the pain has gone but my leg feels at times as if it is unstable and indeed I have had three falls as my foot turns in on itself occasionally.
          After the last attack two years ago I saw a phsio who diagnosed it as sciatica piriformis syndrome and after some treatment and acupuncture he provided me with a set of exercises ,which I carry out daily and this has mitigated the effects, however my leg still feels as if the nerve is trapped and while not painful is not pleasant either.
          Overall a pretty nasty thing to have
I want to die in my sleep, like my grandather. Not screaming like his passengers

Andy is off-line
16 July 2013 04:06
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

Thanks for the kind words, I am pretty gutted at the moment, but fortunately i'm not the depression type i just get real photostore is a naughty person ed off, not being mobile.
i had an op for two burst disks about 5 yrs ago and have had chronic back pain for 10 yrs +
i have an mri scan booked on thursday and its looking like i may be heading for a second operation not happy at the thought, as the % of ending up in a wheelchair increases with every operation

Still, if your quality of life is badly affected the only thing to do is throw the dice!

for anyone with problems id definatly recommend your own ultrasound machine (not very dear at all, paid for itself with the equivalent of 4 physio treatments- and was actually recommended by mine, for the interim periods between treatments,
anyone interested drop me a pm for details)
lets get shootin

Steve Guy is off-line
16 July 2013 10:31
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

Had that for six months, it's evil. Two pieces of advice. First, it will commonly go of it's own accord. This is a standard result, and it did for me. The second, pain control is all. Co-codamol or co-dydramol will help, as will paracetemol mixed with ibuprofen if your guts will stand it. In particular keep taking the paracetemol.

My pain regime was paracetemol during the day, and co-xxx at night, in dosages times to paracetemol. It can be important to take the pain killers even when you ain't hurting, as this can give you quite a few days away from the pain. Probably not the best idea, but sometimes I topped up before bed with a good tot of Woods 57% ABV rum. Anyway, you have my deepest sympathy. Nobody who hasn't suffered it can appreciate it's misery.

Andy is off-line
16 July 2013 10:49
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife

Quote from Sdeve
Had that for six months, it's evil. Two pieces of advice. First, it will commonly go of it's own accord. This is a standard result, and it did for me. The second, pain control is all. Co-codamol or co-dydramol will help, as will paracetemol mixed with ibuprofen if your guts will stand it. In particular keep taking the paracetemol. My pain regime was paracetemol during the day, and co-xxx at night, in dosages times to paracetemol. It can be important to take the pain killers even when you ain't hurting, as this can give you quite a few days away from the pain. Probably not the best idea, but sometimes I topped up before bed with a good tot of Woods 57% ABV rum. Anyway, you have my deepest sympathy. Nobody who hasn't suffered it can appreciate it's misery.

Hi steve, yeah got the meds covered
co-codamol 1000mg every 4 hours
ibuprofen 400mg every 4 hrs
and gabapentin )spelling unsure) 600mg three times a day, the gabapentin is a nerve pain blocker and it totally removed my long term back pain, but after a couple of weeks got the sciatica  presumably i am causing issues with the back but not feeling it there and hitting / rubbing the nerve.

All the above is almost keeping at bay for a couple of hours only at the moment ! and i actually hate taking any form of medicine !!! but at the moment i'd take anything anyone offered.

lets get shootin

Suzy Monty is off-lineSilver Member
16 July 2013 11:15
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Two photographers on here, I shoot with, have Sciatica...one stays in bed, the other gets about and still shoots...TRY Reiki for relief, better than conventional painkillers...
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment Danielamoreno1975 danixhale inversexpression Lushlolly toxicinnocence
alanbassettphotography ansonphotography digitizer Hazy James7799 JohnDentonPhoto kai_kul LGMPhotographic MIB Photosareu psn redbaron robsplace siclews steveh32 urbano