Reminder Secure

stuck in a rutt.

This thread is being watched by 1 person
12 July 2013 08:47
mas22
Photographer

Could I please have a constructive portfolio review....... whats good or bad and where can I improve. ?

andyh is off-line
13 July 2013 16:00
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Lancashire
Lancaster

Quote from mas22
where can I improve. ?

Stop looking at Purestorm for your ideas, shoot what you want to

www.andyh.info/blog.php

Chris Potter is off-line
13 July 2013 16:59
ChrisPotter
Photographer
ChrisPotter
Germany
Cologne

Try and have an idea that you want to aim for - set a scene - it could be anything - 'model terrifed by giant spider in cellar' - and photograph that, rather than just meeting up with a model and trying to take sexy photos.

13 July 2013 17:35
mas22
Photographer

I've tried a few times to do something different. But ends up model wanting sexy for their port or they don't want to shoot anything other than the same stuff. If I do get a shoot arranged for none glamour it gets cancelled because I've nothing to show the model.

Chris Potter is off-line
13 July 2013 17:49
ChrisPotter
Photographer
ChrisPotter
Germany
Cologne

Then work with female friends... Try to do some non-sexy themed shoots. You must be able to find some female friends willing to give it a go. They don't have anything to lose! As soon as you have something different to show, you can get out of your rut. Try to get away from the studio - shoot in different indoor locations. You can then combine daylight, flash and reflectors and get some really interesting shots.

King13 is off-lineSilver Member
14 July 2013 04:37
kingnorman13NK
Photographer

London

Surely the deal under TFP should be - some for you and some for me! Split the shoot in two and have a clear idea what you want to do with your half. I also suggest if you can meet up and talk your ideas through before hand can help. But make the 50/50 deal clear from the outset. Good luck.

14 July 2013 05:25
mas22
Photographer

I have a female friend who willingly let's me shoot some ideas and she looks brilliant. But she won't let me show them. I've tried to show her how good she looks but if I show she will stop helping. TF is same... I get a request for a shoot put the idea across get it booked then a few days before get message from model... Can we do this or that on shoot... I say once we've done what we originally planed... And guess what cancellation next day. Had a few where the shoot didn't go to plan and ended up giving in to sexy. Lol.

Paul Jones is off-line
14 July 2013 10:41
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from mas22
I've tried a few times to do something different. But ends up model wanting sexy for their port or they don't want to shoot anything other than the same stuff.

I get a request for a shoot put the idea across get it booked then a few days before get message from model... Can we do this or that on shoot... I say once we've done what we originally planed... And guess what cancellation next day.

1) Find a model who can add something to your portfolio.
2) Pay her/him to model for you
3) Shoot the ideas that YOU want to shoot.

Best regards
Paul
www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Asheszlynn Charlotte90 hollyrose ryansd Teela
blade01uk digartlondon edwards Eliyaksha For_Arts_Sake geoffmarchant gilesshaxted Jonnywoo julienlesage kaosrox laurencejpower markeos50d MIB photomart siclews smooth_image thelook TonyHazell